Thread: Value of Varlamov in a keeper pool

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Value of Varlamov in a keeper pool

Hey All,

So, this past draft I managed to pick up Neuvirth mid-2nd round which I was very happy about and obviously have been happy with since. I have been rebuilding my team (see sig below) over the last year and was happy to get a young goalie to fit with the group.

I have been debating the idea of going after Varlamov and moving Lehtonen in a kind of a buy low (Varlamov), sell high (Lehtonen before he gets hurt again) scenario.

At the start of the season Varlamov's value was high, he's young, had the #1 spot, etc. But now it has to be less. He's building a band aid boy reputation and it looks as though Neuvirth is really seizing his opportunity.

My question to the Dobber brain trust is this:
    What is Varlamov's value in a 24 team keeper league? (see sig for points).

Is it still high?
    Med with the recent events?
    or low being injury prone & lost his job?

I already have Lehtonen, I don't need another risky goalie just like him.
    But, having the pair (Neuvirth & Varlamov) would allow me to solidify my goalie situation going forward and move Lehtonen to upgrade some other pieces.

Thanks in advance!
    24-Team Keeper League [*Keep 12]
    Pts: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=5
    Pts: 1 'Sniper' (G=2) & 1 'Playmaker' (A=2)
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, [Head-to-Head, Weekly Starts]

F: M. Richards*, B. Ryan*, T. Zajac*, J. Voracek*, D. Brassard*, T. Hall*, J. van Riemsdyk*
    D: D. Doughty*, E. Karlsson*, K. Shattenkirk*
    G: K. Lehtonen*, M. Neuvirth*

Dobber Sports Veteran

This is really a tough call because he's been up and down before. Plus, his ranges varies widely in a very short span of time. Considering that you only have Neuvirth behind him, I simply wouldn't trade Lehtonen for him. I think the better idea is to trade Lehtonen (after a few more good weeks hopefully) with a good but not great skater for a top 5 goalie.