Thread: Thomas to start again

Dobber Sports Star

Default Thomas to start again

I hope Washington drills the old man and then Rask a chance for the rest of the week.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thomas has been playing well. Back to his Vezina year performance.

There will be many Rask owners a little upset. But you had to see it coming. Rask is great in a keeper as long as he is not your top goalie.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyrug View Post
    Thomas has been playing well. Back to his Vezina year performance.

There will be many Rask owners a little upset. But you had to see it coming. Rask is great in a keeper as long as he is not your top goalie.
    True but even Dobber didnt see it, he is rated 7 on goalies Thomas is like 36h

Dobber Sports Novice

I spent a far too high pick on rask this year and my question now is do I cut bait and drop him in favour of Price that is all but guaranteed to play a ton?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyOCD View Post
    I spent a far too high pick on rask this year and my question now is do I cut bait and drop him in favour of Price that is all but guaranteed to play a ton?

Nobody will even reply to my offers for Rask.

So we are stuck with him. Its hard to just drop him.

Dobber Sports Icon

I would kill to pick Rask up in my keeper league but that is more for the future anyway. The owner won't budge on him even though I have made offers for him that should only go for a clear cut starter.

I kept Thomas over a few guys because I had faith Timmy would get some starts this year and I still think it will be close to equal with the potential of either goalie getting 50 - 55 starts if they are hot.

Keep in mind, the Bruins have only played three games so far so Rask will see a start as soon as Timmy fails and lets in 3 or more goals in a game. In a 1 year league I would consider dropping Rask if there was a bonafide starter with no competition as a free agent but that would be the only way. It's far too early to really bail on someone of his talent level yet.

Tonight would be a horrible night to start Rask anyway, against Washingtons high octane offense, if he got shelled it could destroy his confidence. Send him in against the Leafs next week who should be in the middle of a nice losing streak by then.

As a Thomas owner/fan and a Bruins fan though, I have to say I'm absolutlely loving our goaltending situation right now!
    Without me, it's only "aweso".