Thread: Trading Neuvirth for Bernier?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Trading Neuvirth for Bernier?

This is an interesting one... In my league (non-keeper, goalie stats= G.A.A, Save %, Wins, So's) I own Neuvirth. I also own Quick. A rival G.M. owns Bernier and also owns Varlamov.

From my perspective do you think it is smart to deal Neuvirth for Bernier? It seems as though Bernier is the stronger prospect but is this countered by the possibility that Neuvirth may end up playing more in the long run due to Varly's injuries, inconsistency, etc. ??

Both L.A and Caps should be strong teams with L.A better on the D side but Washington probably good for a few more wins.

The other guy would make the deal right now as he'd love to have Neuvy and not have to worry about Varlamov. If I wait a week or two and Varly looks healthy and strong he'll probably pull the offer because Bernier is viewed as the higher end player.

Great board! Thanks for allowing this thread if you do? -Coliseum usher matty

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Welcome to the boards!
    On the one hand, I'd say offer him quick for varlamov, so you've got the 2 goalies on the team that'll get you more wins. On the other, LA goalies will probably put up better gaa & sv% numbers this year. I would say offer him Neuvirth for Bernier, but try to get something back, since Neuvirth is more important to him than Bernier to you (Neuvirth should get more games). It's a one-year league, so who's better next year (bernier) means nothing.
    12-team Rotisserie
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, FOW
    W, saves, GAA, SV%, SO

2C-
    2LW- Marchand
    2RW- Giroux
    4D- Rielly
    2G- Bishop, Price

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'd guess that Neuvirth and Bernier will ultimately end up being the starters for their teams, but I think Quick > Varly and since Quick could possibly start somewhere else and doesn't have the injury history, I'd rather have that pair.

Oops, I see that it is a non-keeper, so in that case I'd prefer Neuvirth/Varly, since Neuvy'll get more starts sooner.

RETIRED