Thread: Will I be ok in nets or do I need a trade?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Will I be ok in nets or do I need a trade?

With Flurery Quick Neurveth and Bernier will I be ok. I know I will do well in wins but what about the other Cats?

Wins GAA Sv% Shutouts.

I have been trying to trade for Halak or Rinne but the asking price is through the roof at the moment.
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Your peripheral stats with Fleury and Quick will not be elite. Especially if Jordan Staal misses a significant amount of time. Also neither is likely to provide many shutouts. I had Fleury last year and it hurt me bad. He didn't get his first shutout until the 1st week of the consolation playoffs so I am a little jaded at the moment. If he had gotten JUST ONE SHUTOUT prior to that I would have made the playoffs. I think he should be better with Gonchar gone and Martin and Michalek on D this year but he has never been particularly strong in GAA, SV% and SO.

I do like the fact that you handicapped Quick with Bernier, if given a decent amount of starts Bernier could be the best in the peripheral categories.

If you could get someone like Rinne that would be a big upgrade IMO.
    12 team dynasty league
    H2H:G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,Hits, W,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily Lineups: 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2G,2UTIL,5BN
    C: Datsyuk, Kopitar, Sedin, Staal, Ott
    LW: Ovechkin, T. Ruutu
    RW: Hossa, Horton, Backes
    D: Lidstrom, Edler, Enstrom, J. Carlson, Boyle, Shattenkirk
    G: Luongo, Miller, Rinne
    5 prospects(40game limit): B. Smith, Lindback, Toffoli, Calvert, Morin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah you will be fine.

Fleury is expected to be better with a more defensive focused defence in michalek and martin.
    Quick and Breiner - solid
    Neuvirth plays for washington, nothing to worry about
    ________
    Sy99
    Last edited by Rajiabu; March 14, 2011 at 11:24 PM.

Dobber Sports Superstar

You should be fine - Pitt will be better defensively this year and L.A. goaltending will be good. With daily starts Neuvirth will be a good asset.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Ace

i think you will be ok for now for reasons posted above....monitor your situation closely as the seaon starts and progresses during the initial weeks.

i did want to comment briefly on trading (in this case Rinne and Halak). now IS NOT the time to target players like Rinne and/or Halak...as you put it, their costs are through the roof right now. it is better to put in a little time and effort to look for comparable players that may not have as high a price tag currently and try to make a deal for them. pre-season is a tough time to do that as "it's only preseason"....by tracking players progress during first few weeks you may be able to land yourself a player comp to Rinne or Halak for alot less. or who knows, maybe Rinne or Halak start off slow and you can swoop in then and make a play. timing is everything with trades.....as the old saying goes, BUY LOW. right now Rinne and Halak are at a BUY HIGH due to expectations heading into the season.

Good luck!
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk