Thread: Halak

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Halak

Am I the only one thinking everybody is over estimating Halak, as a lot did (including myself) when Theo had his exceptionnal playoffs run coming back 0-3 against Boston...

Halak is not that great goaltender, and this year will prove it.
    8 teams Pts only keeper
    12F 6D 2G

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

At every level he played (Q, AHL and now NHL) people said he couldn't succeed, but he did. I do believe he will repeat with the Blues. He works extremely hard, practice more than everyone and he wants it! His willingness makes the difference and he will prove you wrong.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    At every level he played (Q, AHL and now NHL) people said he couldn't succeed, but he did. I do believe he will repeat with the Blues. He works extremely hard, practice more than everyone and he wants it! His willingness makes the difference and he will prove you wrong.

Well, I didn't say he couldn't succeed, I just say he's not as great as he showed in playoffs last year, and he's not a 40+ wins goaltender. IMO, he's a 1b and needs an effective backup behind him for the team to get more wins.
    8 teams Pts only keeper
    12F 6D 2G

Dobber Sports Pro

I think they do I a great back up behind him in Ty Conklin. I think his expectation are high at 40+ wins but no reason to assume Halak won't have 35-39 winns with great stats. Like Anderson did last season
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hes never had a season below .906 save pct in the ahl or nhl. Which is pretty darn good, I think the major question is, can he play a full season or at least 55/60 games last year was his highest with 45 not counting the playoff games.
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/picture.php?albumid=65&pictureid=474

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I see him doing fairly well but everyone thinks he's going to be one of the best tenders in the league suddenly, which isn't the case. He should put up respectable numbers but nothing amazing.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    I see him doing fairly well but everyone thinks he's going to be one of the best tenders in the league suddenly, which isn't the case. He should put up respectable numbers but nothing amazing.
    Totally agree
    8 teams Pts only keeper
    12F 6D 2G

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spankyfrank View Post
    Totally agree

Totally disagree.