Thread: Price Owners

Dobber Sports Star

Default Price Owners

Time to start worrying? I know it is only the first pre-season game, but he's let in three goals on five shots in front of the home crowd. Wonder if he'll get roasted by the Montreal media this early in the game, and how that will affect his confidence.

Halak envy anybody?
    10 Team H2H Points-based Keeper League

G, A, PIM, SOG, +/-
    W, SO, SV, GA

C: H. Sedin, Stamkos, Backstrom, Duchene, Granlund
    LW: D. Sedin, Landeskog, B. Schenn, Tatar, Boedker
    RW: P. Kane, Voracek, Hudler, Silfverberg, Toffoli
    D: Ehrhoff, Edler, Franson, Del Zotto, Myers, R. Ellis, Hamonic
    G: Quick, Bishop, Holtby, Peters, M. Jones

Farm: Terevainen, Nurse, Raanta

League Champion: 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2014

12 Team Roto Dynasty League Champion: 2011 and 2013

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I cannot say I'm surprised to see that.
    12-Team One-Year League Rotisserie
    G A +/- PPP SOG HIT W GAA SV% SHO
    Daily Start 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2G
    The Maroons
    The Wanderers

Dobber Sports Ace

Just traded him!

In all honesty, it's pre-season, and I think he'll be fine... Let him settle in
    11 team Keeper League (14 out of 30) Salary cap of 90.72 million$, actual salary.
    Cats...Pts (1G, 1A), +/- and PIMs divided by 10

C.. Malkin Getzlaf Stepan Kadri
    RW.. Kessel Marchand Brunner Silfverberg
    LW.. Parise Vanek Jagr C.Wilson
    D.. Shattenkirk Karlsson Yandle Visnovsky Rielly R.Murray
    G..Rask, Schneider

Bench (paid)... Johansen, Kassian, Belov, Josi, Lehner, Paajarvi
    Unsigned... Campbell, Pouliot, Gustaffson, Frolik

Dobber Sports Prodigy

CRAP... I have 4 days to decide if I keep him or Anderson as my 2nd goalie (first being Lundqvist)... I know it's only 1 game but what an awful one!
    14teams. 25players
    (14F:8D:3G)Points only
    Goal/Pass= F:1/1 D:2/1
    Wins/SO= 2/2
    12-14 keepers
    F: Draisaitl,Barkov,Matthews,Crosby,Voracek
    D:Carlson,Josi,Theodore,Chabot,Hronek
    G:Vasilevsky,Demko

Dobber Sports Genius

Price has been overated ever since he came into the league. He has been over hyped as the goalie of the future ever since he was drafted and has never lived up to that hype. It is amazing that Montreal keeps shipping out goalies but they always keep Price. Price is done.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by DerekReese View Post
    Price has been overated ever since he came into the league. He has been over hyped as the goalie of the future ever since he was drafted and has never lived up to that hype. It is amazing that Montreal keeps shipping out goalies but they always keep Price. Price is done.
    This made me giggle.
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/picture.php?albumid=65&pictureid=474

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by DerekReese View Post
    Oh yes, a 23 year old goalie that suffered 60% of his losses by one goal is done. Gauthier might as well banish Price to the same island Kabanov is headed to and give Ramo a ring.
    MFHL

F: Kovy, Stamkos, DSedin,PKane, Hemsky, Vanek, Gagner, Bergeron, Little, Gagne, Frolik, Backes
    D: Gonchar, JBo, Jovo, Yandle, Martin, Pronger
    G: Lundy, Turco
    B: Lupul, Kunitz, Filatov, Hornqvist, Moss, Coburn,Kulikov, Lee, Sekera, Price, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Genius

Price had great Rookie Season and has been an average goalie since. Compare the last 2 years:
    Carey Price:
    Record: 36-36-15
    GAA: 2.80
    Save %: .908
    SO: 1

Jaroslav Halak:
    Record: 44-27-6
    GAA: 2.59
    Save %: .920
    SO: 6

If I were a Montreal Canadien fan I would boo him too.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The time to start worrying was back when they dealt Jaroslav Halak.

Price has elite talents but there are too things that will prevent him from being successful:

1. The fact he was taken (too) high in the draft increases the expectations from fans and the organization

and....

2. Price's work ethic is shit and I dont see the drive in him to be a success and meet those HEFTY expectations of the Habs family.

There are plenty of other goalies - get shopping (at least for a back up plan)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    2. Price's work ethic is shit and I dont see the drive in him to be a success and meet those HEFTY expectations of the Habs family.

There are plenty of other goalies - get shopping (at least for a back up plan)
    His work ethic was shit. By ALL accounts, dating back to last year's playoff run, Price has been working on his game ridiculously hard. Add to that the fact that he practiced with group B today, when he wasn't supposed to be on the ice, and I'd say he's committed to his game. I didn't see the game, but Bob Mackenzie, whom I respect, tweeted that only one goal was soft. It is what it is, but I'll side with Price on this....relax.
    MFHL

F: Kovy, Stamkos, DSedin,PKane, Hemsky, Vanek, Gagner, Bergeron, Little, Gagne, Frolik, Backes
    B: Lupul, Kunitz, Filatov, Hornqvist, Moss, Coburn,Kulikov, Lee, Sekera, Price, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Don't tell me to RELAX bud. Price doesn't have the demeanor or drive of a star goalie and I am allowed to MY OPINION.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Don't tell me to RELAX bud. Price doesn't have the demeanor or drive of a star goalie and I am allowed to MY OPINION.
    Whoa whoa whoa! Somebody isn't having a good day. I was referencing Price's comment to the media and fans to relax, it's only the first game of the preseason.

You sure are entitled to your opinion. But you said he has a shitty work ethic, which you state as fact. And I simply commented that he HAD a shitty work ethic. All accounts since last season's playoff drive are that his work ethic has been stellar. That isn't opinion, that's a fact. Cheers, sorry if you took it the wrong way

Edit to add: I could not care less if Price makes it in the NHL. He's done his fair share in his young career to warrant some of the crap slung his way. But the media, especially the MTL media, blows things out of proportion looking for a story. It isn't newsworthy when the kid shows up to the rink to work on his game when he isn't supposed to be on the ice, such as today(we hear that via Dreger on twitter, it doesn't make front of sports page). But it's always news when he does something "negative" so they can write a story.
    Last edited by ItsAlwaysSunnyInDetroit; September 23, 2010 at 5:55 PM.
    MFHL

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Maybe he was called out on the ice by his coaches...? Just to get him over his bad game and in the routine of stopping pucks again. No where does it say that he wanted to go to practice for himself.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I heard on the Team 1040 that he was doing Rodeos all across Canada this Summer, lol. If that's true... I would hardly say that he's been "working rediculously hard" on his game.

Dobber Sports Star

I agree that Price has elite talent, but I think the biggest thing working against him, is that I think he is soft mentally. He has always been easy to rattle. Personally, I think that Montreal is the WORST place in the world for him. The fans and media are ruthless, and when they start to get on him, I don't think he has the mental fortitude to bounceback. He will have a bad game, the fans will boo, he will lose confidence, it will get worse... If I was a Price owner, I would be worried.

Rylant