Thread: The Future between the Pipes in NJ & Colorado

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default The Future between the Pipes in NJ & Colorado

Just wondering what you think Justin.

Is Frazee the legit choice is NJ?

Many think Pickard is the guy in Avsville. But might Delmas have something to say about that?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Delmas is no longer with Colorado, they declined to sign him this offseason.

The King of Diatribes

A lot of comments have gone back and forth over the last year, year and a half regarding New Jersey's "heir" to the Brodeur throne. Dobber feels it is Jeff Frazee. I feel Mike McKenna could be first to stake a claim to the job.

We could both be wrong.

Scott Wedgewood is a terrific goalie developing in Plymouth of the OHL. He is legit and has NHL potential. But he's still 3 years out.

If Brodeur stays healthy and continues to play for another 2-3 years...goalies like McKenna and Frazee might simply miss the boat. They could be on other teams or simply not develop to a high enough level where they are the true future of the organization.

Anything could happen in NJ. If they trade for a young stud, everything above goes out the window. But I don't think Frazee has the skill upside to be a long-term keeper in the NHL. McKenna has it, but he's running out of time. Brodeur still has a few years left. That means the timing might be perfect for Wedgewood, so keep an eye on him in Plymouth.

Delmas is currently on a tryout for the Habs and might get signed. If he does, it would be huge. The future in Colorado is Calvin Pickard and Brandon Maxwell and Sami Aittokallio. But I don't want to predict anything for any of them yet...it's simply too early and the Avs are simply brutal at developing their own goalie prospects.

Banned

well Anderson is only 29 and look what he did in his first season as the undisputed starter! Unless he really drops the ball I don't see anything changing in COL for quite awhile

Dobber Sports Prodigy

who could challenge Anderson for the #1 spot? and when will they be ready?
    14teams. 25players
    (14F:8D:3G)Points only
    Goal/Pass= F:1/1 D:2/1
    Wins/SO= 2/2
    12-14 keepers
    F: Draisaitl,Barkov,Matthews,Crosby,Voracek
    D:Carlson,Josi,Theodore,Chabot,Hronek
    G:Vasilevsky,Demko