Thread: Hillers Value

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Hillers Value

I'm looking to see what people have got or have been offered for Hiller, as I've been shopping him around a bit in my league. Something I've been offered is:

Weber and Okposo for Hiller.

The owner also owns Markstrom, so I've been toying with the idea of possibly trying to get Weber and Markstrom for Hiller, however, seems like a long shot.

As you can see by my sig I'm pretty much in full rebuild right now, so a proven stud Dman is probably a good option to go with, but any other insight would be great!
    This is the new World order of Fantasy Hockey, brother.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers; Start 3C,3LW,3RW,1U,5D,2G
    Stats: G,A,PTS,PPG,PPA,PIM,+/-, DEF pts ; W,SV%,SVS
    C: Toews, Duchene, Monahan, Krejci, Stepan
    LW: Gaudreau, Palat, Marchand, Van Riemsdyk
    RW: Tarasenko, Okposo, Ryan, Hossa
    D: Keith, Barrie, Faulk, Giordano, Lindholm, Severson
    G: Crawford, Anderson, Luongo, Mason, Darling

Dobber Sports Genius

Hiller is a good goalie on a bad team. I don't expect stellar W,s or GAA from him for a while.
    If you could get Makstrom ahead of Okposo, I would but if not, this is still a do-able deal.
    Weber is Roto gold and Okposo will get primme minutes (1st line,PP) and has a nice upside.

Dobber Sports Expert

I dunno I personally think that Hiller is under-rated to be honest...

If you look at the depth charts the Ducks don't have anyone behind him. Curtis McElhinney isn't exactly a household name... then you have Jean-Philipee Levasseur, Timo Pielmeier, and Marco Cousineau, so I mean not exactly a lot of competition for his job.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him with 70+ starts this year. Throw in his pretty decent stats of ~.920 sv%, and around a mid 2's GAA, you're looking pretty good with him on your fantasy squad.

Also if you look back to the Olympics he had the 6th best sv% amongst the goalies with a .918 sv% against the worlds best...

He's on my Dobber's Expert League squad and I have big plans for him this season.

But I think it depends on your league as to what you can get for him. Some leagues you might get Crosby/Ovechkin, some you might not even get Zherdev...

Best thing to do is probably dangle him out on the trade wire and see what people offer you.
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well, I don't know if it's every league the same, but I have Hiller in mine, and I must be honest, other GMs aren't interested at all for him. At least 2 GMs are looking for tenders and when I talk about Hiller's availability, they were just not interested in... But, for me, it's a good keeper, I think he is really under-estimated, so might be hard to have something valuable in return... as Gotlaid said, you should see what people offer you.
    8 teams Pts only keeper
    12F 6D 2G

Dobber Sports Star

I think a lot of GM's are afraid of the team protecting him ...not the goalie, still it hurts his value big time. Last season was the time to get good value for him. You might want to hang on to him and hope he gets off to a good start and trade him when his value is higher.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Thomas
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg, Hyman(L/R)
    R-Svechnikov(L/R) Konecny(L/R) P. Kane, Zucc
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi, McAvoy, Montour
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill, Grubauer
    IR
    -Demko

Throw my name on the list of GMs believing Hiller to be underrated. Though not elite, he is a strong 1b net minder, with upside for more. His name just doesn't seem to draw the attention and trade value that it should. Which is why I believe a lot of owners balk at the possibility of obtaining him.

I'd love to have him on my team as he'd provide one hell of a security blanket over my current tenders.
    @SmittysRant