Thread: NYI Goalie Situation

Dobber Sports Ace

Default NYI Goalie Situation

Ok, i drafted Rolo yesterday as my 3rd goalie. I read today that DP looks healthy and strong. Dobber even goes to say he would draft him as #3 if comfortable with other 2 goalies. So do I drop Rolo and p/u DP, drop someone else and p/u DP, leave DP alone. if i drop to p/u DP i would actually need to drop 2 as i am currently 1 guy too many.

oh and not real comfortable with Lehtonen as my #2....with or without the Chuck Norris mask!

other goalies available...JDD, Pavelec, Boucher, Crawford...ugly.

Thanks...
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Keep a keen eye on Crawford if Turco continuously craps the bed. He would be a huge upgrade over Rolo or Lehtonen.

And I would leave DiPi alone. Your goaltending is volatile enough with Lehtonen as your #2 to go taking on another humongous injury risk. I would only feel safe with Rinne from your goalie trio at that point.

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks NYR9394, I know I know I know....I swore I would never ever have DP or Lehts on my team. so for me to even think about this hurts bad. just needed to hear it from someone else i suppose.

i will keep an eye on crawford...

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Smile

maybe ,since you have one man too many, you could package a winger & lehtonen for an upgrade in goal. (kari is healthy....right now)
    IFL-full keeper,g,a,+/-,ppg,ppa,shg,gwg(goalies)w,so,shots,-1/goal :dress 9f,6d, 2g/ week 25man roster.
    kucherov,marner,mathews,ovechkin,oshie,s.aho, kopitar, kadri,stephenson,malkin, Hartman,Erickson EK(d)letang,krug,fox, doughty ,goligoski,ekholm, forsling, durzi, grzelcyk(g)bobrovsky,m.a.fleury, reimer, francouz

ABL-markstrom,shesterkin,ullmark(f)Giroux,Tavares,ovec hkin,geuntzel, Sam Bennett , r Strome , buchnevich, zbinejad,bjorkstrand , Vrana, stone,pacioretty, rust , Rossi(d)brannstrom,ellis,hedman, Ty smith, Teows, weegar,Soucy , gostisbehere (same stats as above league)

Dobber Sports Ace

Big Dog....that's an idea. thanks.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    Ok, i drafted Rolo yesterday as my 3rd goalie. I read today that DP looks healthy and strong. Dobber even goes to say he would draft him as #3 if comfortable with other 2 goalies. So do I drop Rolo and p/u DP, drop someone else and p/u DP, leave DP alone. if i drop to p/u DP i would actually need to drop 2 as i am currently 1 guy too many.

oh and not real comfortable with Lehtonen as my #2....with or without the Chuck Norris mask!

other goalies available...JDD, Pavelec, Boucher, Crawford...ugly.

Thanks...

Isles fan here.

Yes, DiPietro feels good, but I've been hearing the same thing every fall after (yet another) long Summer of rehab. So far, he hasn't proven ANYTHING...The #1 job (and at least 50 games) is going to Rollie. BEST CASE scenario for DiPi and the Isles is that Rick is healthy enough to appear in 30 games. Frankly, even that's optimistic, and I'll believe it when I see it. Once again, Dwayne will get the lion's share of the games and his numbers will be respectable for a third string fantasy goalie, especially with an improved Islanders club in 2010-11.

Even if DiPi were 100% healthy, Roloson has done NOTHING to warrant not being the favorite for the job. He was EASILY the team's MVP last year and is NO DOUBT the heavily favored incumbent this season.

There's a reason the Isles spent two second round picks on goalies in recent years drafts...and now they've got Mikko Koskinen, Kevin Poulin and Anders Nilsson developing nicely for when Roloson departs and/or Rick calls it quits
    Last edited by riverhockey; September 19, 2010 at 5:38 PM.

Dobber Sports Rookie

This just in from islanderspointblank.com:

As announced by the NYI, Rick DiPietro will have a scheduled day off on Monday. Might seem like minor news, but it is not. Holding the goalie back on Day 3 is evidence the Islanders’ medical staff and DiPietro - who turns 29 today - have learned the hard way that less is more

Rollie's playing 50+ this year. BANK on it. DiPietro will be lucky to play 20. Look for Lawson to get a handful of games in as Ilses backup.

Dobber Sports Ace

riverhockey...thank you. it's nice to hear from fans of the team in question as i would think the fans have a good read on things. that is taking nothing away from others who have posted here as all input in appreciated. for now i am sticking with Rolo. i do have feelers out for a trade of Lehtonen + for a possible upgrade at G.

looks like my eyes will be on this issue all season.

thanks again to everyone. keep the info coming by all means as you can never have too much.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This is going to be a turbulent year for Dipietro and Roloson
    15 Team Keeper (Y Roto Points, Daily Changes but only one waiver pick up per month)
    20 Players (Keep 10) Dress 8 F, 5 D, 1 Utility and 2 G
    Stats: G, A, P, PPP, Shots, SHP, Hits, PIM, +/- W, GAA, SV%, Saves, SO

Forwards Huberdeau, Svechnikov, Monahan, Cirelli, Suzuki, Backlund, Atkinson, J. Anderson, Hyman, Hayton, Dach & Byfield

Defensemen
    Rielly, Ekblad, Yandle, Giordano, Ekholm & Hanifin

Goalies
    Markstrom & Koskinen

Dobber Sports Initiate

Boucher and Crawford are intesting if they're still on waivers. I don't know if I'd drop Roloson for DiPiertro or either of them right now so I feel your pain. You're basically deciding on who is the bigger risk to not play: Boucher, Crawford, Roloson or DiPietro?

Boucher is going to start the season due to the injury to Leighton. Whoever plays in Philly in net will put up decent numbers. So Boucher is interesting at least until Leighton comes back and probably the best early bet. Turco could be a #1 even considering his past few seasons. But behind Chicago's D and FWD's even if he still plays like crap he should still put up W's similar to Boucher in Philly early on. But Crawford would probably do just as well so... yeah. It all depends. DiPietro is by far and away the best goaltender from that group based on his skilll alone, but his injury history and crappy team hurt him.

IMO it comes down to if you think DiPietro can stay healthy. If he can, he'll be the #1 goalie and play the majority of the starts. If you think he'll be the #1 get rid of Roloson and pick up Boucher (fast) or Crawford as insurance. Otherwise, I'd either drop somebody else from your roster and pick up either Boucher or DiPietro and hope one of them ends up as the #1 while hanging on to Roloson.
    Last edited by wizworm; October 1, 2010 at 2:02 AM.
    Team 1
    C: Kuznetsov
    LW: Ovechkin, Hall, Gaudreau, Huberdeau
    RW: Perry, Voracek, Nyquist
    D: Hedman,
    G: Schneider, Hellebuyck*
    Prospects: Lazar, Mantha, Bjorkstrand, Gillies, P.L. Dubois, Konency
    * Prospect Bonus

Team 2
    C: Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom, Coyle
    LW: Saad, Lucic, van Reimsdyk, Kuznetsov
    RW: Ovechkin, Connolly