Thread: Back up G needed

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Back up G needed

I did a 10 team autopick on Yahoo over the weekend, and this is what i have in net. Luongo,Hiller,Thomas,Hedberg,Neuvirth. Waivers are slim pickings. Best available are Osgood,Boucher,Pavelac, that would get any real playing time. I'm looking at Osgood or Boucher for Hedberg. Not sure how much time he will get in Jersey this year. Figure Neuvirth will get decent playing time, and i guess i'm one of the few who refuses to give up on Thomas just yet. Thoughts?

Banned

That seems to be way too many goalies to own in the first place. How many do you start per night? I don't see the point in owning Hedberg and Neuvirth unless you really need them.

The Magnificent One

yeah whats your goalie stats and positions? do you play 2goalies a night. thinking this is a standard yahoo league so figure 2 goalies and 3min starts a week?

what was said above made ssense. luongo, hiller and thomas should cover your goalies with plenty of games. you can drop hedberg and neuvirth and pick up more offense assets. maybe if you think you need another goalie keep neuvirth for now and then use him as trade bait when he gets a string of starts together.

but yeah hedberg is an easy drop. look for luongo and hiller to get 65+ starts.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm really having a hard time figuring out your need for a solid 5th goalie. But as thats not the question i'm on Pavelec out of those 3. He's going to get as many games as the other two and more than Hedberg and he has the talent to actually take that team over.

He's the highest reward of your three options.
    Pool A
    G, A, +/-, PM, PPG, SHG W L T SO SV% GAA
    Cap 80,375,000
    Center: Backstrom, Giroux, Stepan, Spezza
    Wing: Ovechkin, Hall, Kessell, Nash, Voracek, Landeskog, Huberdeau, Schwartz
    Defence: Karlsson, Goligoski, Schultz, Barrie, Gardiner, Smith
    Goalie : Lundqvist, Dubnyk, Lehner
    Farm: Monohan, Bjugstad, Shinkaruk, Horvat, Killorn, Rattie

Pool B
    G, A, PTS, +/-, Hits, GWG W SO GAA SV%
    Cap 80,375,000
    F: Ovechkin, Kessell, Lupol, Backstrom, Giroux, Stepan, JvR, Forsburg, Landeskog, Etem, Eakin, Saad
    D: Green, Letand, Staal, McDonaugh, Faulk, Barrie
    G: Lundqvist, Halak
    Bench: Lecavalier, Grabovski
    Farm: Shinkaruk, Lindholm, Larsson, Gardiner, Visetin