Thread: Projections for Saves

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Projections for Saves

Can anyone help me with this? What is the best way to project saves from one year to the next? The league I am in counts saves as a scoring cat....pretty heavily weighted at 0.25 point/save. NOt alot of sources that I have found provide a projection. Let me know if anyone has a decent method. And believe me I am not looking for a 100% accurate, fool-proof, on-the-mark number as that would just be silly.

Oh and if anyone wants to give me saves projections for Niemi and Nitty now that they are sharing the crease...that would be cool too.

Thanks all!
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I would look at the teams who notoriously give up alot of shots (Florida comes to mind) and how the SV% of the goalies on those teams fared. If it's a high sv%, even despite a slightly inflated GAA, you know they're being peppered with alot of shots and stopping alot of them.

As for the 2nd question: I don't think anyone really knows? Niemi could really take the job and run with it. It's a pretty dicey situation to own.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I like using this stat on NHL.com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm...ewName=summary

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    ...As for the 2nd question: I don't think anyone really knows? Niemi could really take the job and run with it. It's a pretty dicey situation to own.
    I know, it sucks. Went from a fairly clear picture to all sorts of twisted. Either one could take it and run. Wanted tso bad to have a piece of that SJ team....still tempted to roll the dice on one of these guys if only i could get a handle on it. Thanks though!
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Vokoun should be the run away leader in saves... until he gets traded to a contender at the deadline.

Overall you want to look at teams with "weaker" defenses, or a more up tempo style. Lunqvist should see a lot of rubber this year as should Price, Halak, Kipper (moreso cause he plays so much), Quick etc...

-cheers

-cheers
    Zach Parise is my hero

-West Coast!!

Champ!