Thread: Robin Billingham

The King of Diatribes

Default Robin Billingham

Can you believe this kid doesn't have a team to play with this season???

http://www.thegoalieguild.com/?p=4760

Watch one of those videos for like two minutes and you'll see some pretty amazing foot work. This is what you want to see in an NHL goalie. Sharp. Precise. Powerful.

First thing I really picked up on is the benefit of a narrowed stance. Catches with his right hand. Who does that remind you of?? Ohhh that's right. Jeff Deslauriers.

This kid is a really interesting prospect and as a goalie scout I'm going to work hard to get him the exposure that might lead to a gig with an NCAA D-1 team. I plan on showing this to DU coaching staff next week. I have a meeting with one of their ticket reps on Tuesday morning and will probably have him pass on the article and videos to the coaches.

Read the Q&A interview I did with him. What's one thing that really sticks out when it comes to his ability to have such amazing footwork? That tri-cut edge on his blades. Awesome. I'm even going to try it out myself.

Dobber Sports Genius

I've proven many times I'm no expert at this stuff , so forgive me if I'm way off here but , was'nt he the Sens property ?
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by smoothfun View Post
    I've proven many times I'm no expert at this stuff , so forgive me if I'm way off here but , was'nt he the Sens property ?
    Nope...maybe you're thinking of Robin Lehner?

I just looked up this guy. He was BORN in Ottawa, so you were close

Banned

I'm surprised this guy hasn't played junior or NCAA hockey already, he looks really good in those videos.

The King of Diatribes

He is not property of Ottawa or any other NHL team. He played in the BCHL last season, so maybe someone on here who is more familiar with that league can say something about him. Played for Kanata and Coquitlam. But I guess now he's a free agent.

Obviously I've never seen Billingham play live before, but you can tell from the videos, and I can tell from getting to know him over the last month, that he's a legit prospect that will probably sooner or later find a good opportunity. Sometimes that's all it takes and there are tons of great prospects out there like Robin just working towards that chance.

I'm sure I'll dig up a lot more quality "unknown" prospects as time goes on, but I can safely say I've never seen an 18-19 year old goalie with that kind of foot speed.

The King of Diatribes

Slight error in the article. I had Kanata as a BCHL team but it's actually a CJHL team. Made the change.

Dobber Sports Genius

Was'nt thinking Lehner , he's going to lead my Sens to the cup in a few years , PLEASE!
    Maybe I read or heard something about him and the fact he's from Ottawa stuck in my head , thanks Justin.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Are you thinking of good old Craig Billingham?
    GO WINGS!

The King of Diatribes

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Well there you go
    GO WINGS!