We just dress 1 goalie per week.
    12 teams keeper with playoff - points only
    6 fwd, 4 def , 2 goalies , 4 farm
    Malkin,Ovechkin,Seguin,Benn,Parise,Kesler
    Letang,Green,MDZ,Bogosian
    Rask,Holtby
    Nichushkin,Tarasenko,Toffoli,Hamilton

Administrator

My personal opinion is that Varlamov is physically the more gifted goaltender. Now as far as who will get the most starts and wins, well that's anybody's guess. Washington is IMO the stronger team so I think Varlamov stands to win more games if he is the starter. They are both looking at 1A/1B situations so it's really up the air. You also have to factor in some injury concerns with Varlamov.

If it's me I'd go Varlamov but I see that you are allowed to keep two goalies so why not roll with both and play the weekly situation by ear. Another route would be to attempt to land either Neuvirth or Niitymaki and whichever one comes cheaper you could then deal the odd man out to the other owner.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd like to keep both but our draft is on september 24 and we have to drop our roster to only 6 keeper ( 3 F 2 D and 1 G )
    that's why a ask who is better to keep.
    Another think, with Marleau and Boyle already in, if I keep Niemi I have 3 player's from SJ. And IF ( and it's a big IF ) SJ make a long playoff run = kaaaattttcchhiiinnng for me!!!!
    12 teams keeper with playoff - points only
    6 fwd, 4 def , 2 goalies , 4 farm
    Malkin,Ovechkin,Seguin,Benn,Parise,Kesler
    Letang,Green,MDZ,Bogosian
    Rask,Holtby
    Nichushkin,Tarasenko,Toffoli,Hamilton

Administrator

Well that's one serious reason to bank on Niemi. Now I'm normally not a fan of placing all of one's eggs in one basket but in playoff pools that is in fact exactly what you need to do to win. So with that in mind you could definitely justify keeping Niemi over Varlamov. Considering it really is close you need to pick some sort of deciding factor and it's better if it isn't arbitrary. Whomever you choose, just make sure you draft their counterpart.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Well that's one serious reason to bank on Niemi. Now I'm normally not a fan of placing all of one's eggs in one basket but in playoff pools that is in fact exactly what you need to do to win. So with that in mind you could definitely justify keeping Niemi over Varlamov. Considering it really is close you need to pick some sort of deciding factor and it's better if it isn't arbitrary. Whomever you choose, just make sure you draft their counterpart.
    yep this is what I would aim for, see who you think will be easier (more likely to be available) when you draft and go with them. You make a good pt that with Niemi you wuold be laughing if the sharks win the west but I would concentrate on making sure you have your bases covered with drafting the 1B goalie in either situation.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzer View Post
    I'd like to keep both but our draft is on september 24 and we have to drop our roster to only 6 keeper ( 3 F 2 D and 1 G )
    that's why a ask who is better to keep.
    Another think, with Marleau and Boyle already in, if I keep Niemi I have 3 player's from SJ. And IF ( and it's a big IF ) SJ make a long playoff run = kaaaattttcchhiiinnng for me!!!!
    I'd go with Varlamov. Even if SJ go far in the series, maybe it won't be Niemi in goals, who knows.

Dobber Sports Ace

Not sure if I missed the info, but is this a H2H league?

Because something to consider is that too many dudes from one team can kill you via schedule in a H2H... plus I think WSH will be headed to the Cup this season for sure... they were flat out embarassed by Halak and it was their own fault for resting on their Russian laurels if ya know what I mean! I would bet the bank that SJ will NOT come out of the West.

Varly will get 60 starts if he doesn't get injured! This is his year! Niemi gets 50 at the very, very max...unless Niitty gets hurt. I have been frying my brain over all of these 1A/1B tandems this coming season - and how to best draft to compensate for this bullsh!zz... You should be glad you only have to play one goalie instead of two... that said, I have to think you'd be able to draft better goalie options then either of the four we are discussing here!

Additionally, the beauty, I guess, is that with so many goalies available in your league... you can keep Varly (as I think you should to keep a diverse team), and forget about drafting goalies in the early rounds since no one should touch Neuvirth... certainly not as much as they I'm thinking you could draft a stud team and snag Neuvy off WW that night after the draft!
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)