Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: All this Myers talk has me wondering...

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Quote Originally Posted by natgeo View Post
    Try this: Okposo + Hedman for Myers + Wheeler.

Myers is elite and if you are going to move him then you should get elite in return. The nice thing is that if Hedman steps (which he will) you'll end up with two elite players for one.
    I like this deal. And I'd explore this route.

Like others have said don't get pushed around by an aggressive trader. Know that you have the edge in any trade talk with this manager because you can clearly see signs of a very strong preference for Myers.

Stay cool and land the deal you want.

GMG
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks for all the input. The deal is on ice - he said no to Okposo + Hedman for Myers + Wheeler

Dobber Sports Initiate

I can't figure out the value of this kid. I see Myers ranked 35th on Dobber's list of defensemen behind guys like Cam Barker and Ryan Suter, and then I read this thread. He looked great to me whenever I got a chance to see Buffalo play, but it seems like a lot of people think last year was his upside.
    The Dobber list is generally very good and an excellent resource. I think the Myer ranking at 35 is simpy wrong. Larson who has never played a game in the NHL is ranked 32 while Myers with 48 points last year is at 35. Does that mean Larson is expected to outscore Myers? I would not bet on that. Only 10 defensemen had more points than Myers last year. Unless Dobber somehow feels the lose of Myers partner last year Talinder is going to have a negative impact on Myers the ranking is simply to low. He should be ranked somewhere between 15 and 20 in my opinion.

I think Subban, McBain, Carlson, Larson, Delzotto, White, Suter, Yandle, Letang are all great prospects but I would not trade any of those guys for Myers. Subban and Carlson would be close but it is a big jump to assume they will be better than Myers.

Dobber Sports Legend

Myers for Ryan, Kane or Tavares. I think he is the real deal.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Genius

Yeah I'm not a HUGE supporter of Myers being this elite Dman everyone thinks he'll be after one good season however I don't see the attraction of Okposo. Forget that deal, just hang onto Myers.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Are you guys serious?? There is not a hope in hell that myers is worth kane, tavares or any of those guys listed.

I would think the okposo deal without hedman is more then fair.

Geez

Dobber Sports Stud

Rainmaker, I would agree to a certain extent. Definitely not Kane straight up. Tavares, maybe if he's arguably your 4th best center and Myers would become your 1st or 2nd best dman.

Banned

whether a player is actually worth it or not has very little to do with fantasy trading, its all about perception. This guy wants Myers bad but keeps offering you lowball offers, you should be doing your utmost to sell him on the Myers hype (as I noted before, scoring 48 pts as a rookie d-man is almost unheard of, only a handful of all-stars have accomplished that feat), that's the angle I'd be working. Anyone who's arguing that Myers rookie season was a fluke and that he's going to fall flat needs to give their head a shake, he's 6'8, 220lbs and only 20 years old, he's gonna be the next Pronger, mark it.

Now I wouldn't give you Kane for him straight up but that's the kind of player I would target. Maybe like Myers+Hornqvist for Kane + a pick or something

Dobber Sports Superstar

Yeah, I think Kane straight up for Myers is a bit of a stretch, just for the fact that Kane's on such a good team and has more than one season under his belt. He's also a RW.

But I would think Tavares for Myers should be doable.

I'd warn you not to settle, though. There are some guys who just won't trade unless they feel like they're reaming the other guy. They don't care if the trade on the table will make their team better. If this guy is like that I'd just walk away.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Belmonte great write up on Myers and why he will succeed...All of the up a comer on D are propects or first timers...Why? The focus has changed to D and especially offense oriented D across all the leagues. Don't take less than Myers is worth adn that is a lot.