Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Robin Lehner ?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Robin Lehner ?

I've noticed that Robin Lehner is still available in my waivers. Is he worth acquiring and sitting on as a prospect and what are his chances of making the NHL in a couple seasons? My league only starts one goalie per team and I have Ryan Miller, and I'm looking for his successor right now. Thanks.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Administrator

He could be worth investing in, especially as I see some prospects who could be dropped. Since only one goalie counts though, I've got to wonder what kind of options are available. So which other goalies are available on waivers?

As for ETA on Lehner. He'll be seeing time in the AHL this season so he could very well be ready to make the jump in a couple of seasons. He's Ottawa's goalie for the future so one would think that they won't rush him but what they ultimately do with him will depend on two things. First is what they do with their goaltending next off-season. Leclaire is an UFA and Elliott is a RFA. So if they were to only bring one goalie back for next season then they could give Lehner a shot at backup next season. They could also end up signing both for a couple of seasons or going out and signing another goaltender. The length of those contracts will dictate when Lehner is brought up. The other factor is how Lehner himself performs next season. A strong season from him could see him earn a tryout making one of those goalies expendable. If he doesn't perform then he'll force Ottawa to lock up two NHL calibre goalies.

Personally I see Ottawa walking away from Leclaire and signing Elliott to a two year deal. Leclaire would have to stay healthy and perform superbly to earn an extension. I laugh at both of those stipulations as I can't see either happening. I could see them signing a veteran goaltender to a one or two year deal as a bandaid until Lehner is ready to make the jump.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    I've noticed that Robin Lehner is still available in my waivers. Is he worth acquiring and sitting on as a prospect and what are his chances of making the NHL in a couple seasons? My league only starts one goalie per team and I have Ryan Miller, and I'm looking for his successor right now. Thanks.
    Yes you'll want Lehner in your prospect roster. He is a solid option as a tender' prospect and has value in a couple seasons or so to make it to Ottawa..I own him in my leagues..

Dobber Sports All-Star

With regard to goalie availability, I believe are there 2 or 3 starting goalies with big salaries available on waiver and all low cost back up goalies are already taken. Most prospect goalies are also taken (Markstrom, Pickard, J.Allen, J.Campbell, Bernier). A couple teams started acquiring affordable goalies in an attempt to hold the rest of us hostage in case of injuries, and because every team is pushing the salary cap ceiling, it is becoming very strategic. Robin Lehner may have slipped through the cracks when someone released him last season, and I see him with future potential due to goalie stability in OTT.

Which prospect or bench player should I drop in favor of Lehner?
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Leclaire will trip in a parking lot, spill hot coffee on his catching hand, fall out of a hot air balloon, get hit by a car, get attacked by a pack of stray dogs, get his finger caught in his garbage disposal, burn out his retinas looking at the sun, lose a foot in his lawnmower, bust his eardrums out with a malfunctioning ipod, lose his ***** to an angry biting girlfriend, get a hernia trying to lift his equipment; shin splints, migraines, sprains, fractures, breaks, twists, ligament tears, internal bruising, external bruising, nosebleeds, earbleeds, anal bleeds, malaria, colitis, AIDS, appendicitis, Alzheimer's, arthritis, influenza, mononucleosis, the plague, meningitis, cholera, coronary heart disease, ebola, hepatitis, leprosy, lime disease, measles, rubella, SARS, cancer, or just a plain old sore wrist.

Long story short, Lehner will be in the NHL sooner rather than later.

The Great One

Lehner is a great prospect goalie and has a legit shot of being in the NHL next year, and could theoretically be the starter in 2-3. Leclaire is a UFA after this season and I doubt he is resigned by Ottawa. I could see a nice Elliott/Lehner tandem next year (2011-12), with Elliott being the starter for a year or two until Lehner takes over.

I'd grab and sit on him for sure if he is available in your league. It is a no-lose situation really, especially if it only costs you a waiver pickup.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Banned

I have no idea who Lalande is, you should drop him .

Lalime's not gonna be doin' anything for ya, and Lalande's upside isn't projected to be high enough to warrant the risk in keeping him.

Drop either of those two.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Lehner is the real deal. With Sault Ste-Marie last year he won 27 games out of 47 including 5 shutouts. His GAA 2.80 and .918 save %. At 6-4 and 225 lbs he is a monster in net. I agree with the rest the Sens will let Leclaire walk and sign B.Elliott for 1-2 years until he is ready to come to the NHL.
    8 keepers: 15 teams, standard points (do not count sog and +/-), no positional requirement
    Rask
    Crosby
    Kopitar
    Hall
    Ennis
    Green
    E.Johnson
    Goligoski

F:G(1),A(1.5),PPG(2),SHG(4),GWG(3),OTG(3),PIM(0.25 ),Hat trick(3)
    D:G(2),A(2),PPG(2),SHG(4),GWG(3),OTG(3),PIM(0.25), Hat trick(6)
    Goalies:W(3), SO(4), GP(1), OTW(2),OTL(1)

Administrator

Lalande would be a pretty easy drop for me. Recchi wouldn't be far behind. Just to name a couple.

I'd consider looking at grabbing Enroth if he's available. Lalime won't be the starter if Miller gets hurt, Enroth will. He isn't a goalie prospect I particularly like but it's good insurance for you.

Banned

I could see Ottawa in the mix for Vokoun, and then an Elliott/Vokoun tandem for next season (if they were to make that trade).

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ev View Post
    I could see Ottawa in the mix for Vokoun, and then an Elliott/Vokoun tandem for next season (if they were to make that trade).
    This is under the assumption that they'll be a playoff team, which with all due respect to the Sens is in doubt. There are few teams in today's NHL assured of a playoff birth and it wouldn't take much to cause Ottawa to plummet.

Banned

I mean in the mix for Vokoun BEFORE the season begins...I'm HOPING is more like it lol.
    Last edited by Big Ev; September 1, 2010 at 3:54 PM.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ev View Post
    I mean in the mix for Vokoun BEFORE the season begins...I'm HOPING is more like it lol.
    That won't happen. They have Leclaire and Elliott. It would take an injury to one for the Sens to go shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    That won't happen. They have Leclaire and Elliott. It would take an injury to one for the Sens to go shopping.
    You didn't just say that with a straight face did you?
    @SmittysRant