Thread: Goalie guild

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Goalie guild

I have quick, peters schneider pro roster
    Stalok, salak and joacim eriksson (Phi.)
    I have a min. of one start to qualifiy for goalies stats peters and Schneider are back ups quick will be one soon. I know you can't predicted the future but do you think if I get the chance to pick up Crawford will he be the guy or not. I know what your thinking another back up but I'm in a 18 team 23 man roster full salary caped keeper. It's slim pickns. Some guys don't even have a goalie with all the moves this year. Nabby Neimie ect...
    I have a very strong offensive team it's the goaltending I have a problem with.
    Or should i try to trade for a bonafied starter
    Speaking of which I just got offered
    Lundquvist and his 11th free agent pick for Quick Okposo and my 15th pick. I still get to keep my third pick lecalvaile Horton and several others are available as our cap in our league just went up to 57.4 mill. From 52 mill so big time players are there w/ me sitting in the #3 position. I get my starter and a replacement for Okposo at three slot
    Hockey4ever
    Thxs Justin
    Last edited by hockey4ever; August 27, 2010 at 2:16 AM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think for this season, Quick is a bonafide starter so I am not sure you really want to be forking over major assets to get your hands on Lundie. But as you describe things, I can see you doing this deal - you get a goalie upgrade and a pick upgrade and you can replace Okposo, so I don't think that is a bad deal at all. Lundie is a top 5 keeper without a doubt and with a premium on goalies in your league, it would be nice to own him.

The King of Diatribes

I would make that trade for Lundqvist. You need a starter. Crawford is aligned for the backup role but he's only going to play 18-20 games.

Quick's tenure in LA is kind of unknown right now. His tenure in the NHL is not in jeopardy, but there's a chance he's traded to a weaker team.

Can't go wrong with Lundqvist, you lose Okposo and 15th pick, but you get the 11th pick. Sounds like a decent move to me since you seriously need a starter! Crawford combined with Peters and Schneider is just a bunch of dead weight.