Thread: Bryz vs Kipper vs Halak vs Price?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Bryz vs Kipper vs Halak vs Price?

10 team roto league, 15 keepers per team with W, GAA, SV% as the 3 goalie categories out of 10 total categories.

I have all 4 tenders. Looking to move one, but if I can't get the deal I want I'll roll into the draft with all 4 (and deal one mid-season instead). I want to win this year.

Goldman likes Bryz, Kipper, Halak, Price in a one year league.
    Angus like Halak, Kipper, Bryz, Price in keeper leagues with his 1-3 year window.

Who do you like?

Are they all close enough together that I should subscribe to the "deal whichever one gets you the biggest return" philosophy or are there any on the list you would rather not deal in my position?

Dobber Sports Genius

1 year

Bryzgalov

Halak
    Kipper

Price

Dobber Sports Master

I would be looking to move Bryz or Halak cause they will get you the most return.

Bryz will see his numbers decrease without Michalek. Michalek was a puck blocking machine and he will help Fleury alot this season. Bryz is coming off a huge year top 3 goalie fantasywise, his value will never be this high.

Same can be said for Halak. I don't think he is as good as everyone thinks but I also like the D core in St.Louis. If Halak will be a great goalie to own in the 1-3 year window. However, if you can get a good return I'd part with him.

Price's value is too low... hold onto him. Higest upside out of the 4 but also the lowest value at the moment.

Kipper will have a rough season in the wins department. But you will most likely not get any return for him.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Hog View Post
    Are they all close enough together that I should subscribe to the "deal whichever one gets you the biggest return" philosophy?
    Yes, for the Bryz/Halak/Kipper group.
    Price is a step below.

The one guy I think you should try to keep is Bryzgalov.
    It is his contract year with Phoenix. We all know they have no money. And CHI, PHI, WAS, DET, SJ may all be without a signed Tier 1 goalie on June 30th, 2011. I'd look for Bryz to sign with the top level team that offers him the money and I think he'll have INSANE value on a top team.

As an example, last year Ilya Kovalchuk slid to the #36 position in my keeper league draft... mostly because he was with ATL and we have a 50% playoff component to our league. Everybody passed on him, but knowing he would be signing somewhere else - I drafted him. 2 Days after he got traded to NJ, I was able to deal him away for Evgeni Malkin. Think... Ilya Bryzgalov (WAS) or Ilya Bryzgalov (PHI). Nice ring, eh.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Price is a step below.

It is his contract year with Phoenix. We all know they have no money. And CHI, PHI, WAS, DET, SJ may all be without a signed Tier 1 goalie on June 30th, 2011. I'd look for Bryz to sign with the top level team that offers him the money and I think he'll have INSANE value on a top team.

As an example, last year Ilya Kovalchuk slid to the #36 position in my keeper league draft... mostly because he was with ATL and we have a 50% playoff component to our league. Everybody passed on him, but knowing he would be signing somewhere else - I drafted him. 2 Days after he got traded to NJ, I was able to deal him away for Evgeni Malkin. Think... Ilya Bryzgalov (WAS) or Ilya Bryzgalov (PHI). Nice ring, eh.
    Pengwin very interesting observation.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Demi-God

...or he could Nabokov over to the KHL...

Dobber Sports Novice

Ack! Don't even say that!

Damn funny though...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Price is a step below.

I like the teams you have after Bryz's name!

But... I don't like this though!
    12-Team One-Year League Rotisserie
    G A +/- PPP SOG HIT W GAA SV% SHO
    Daily Start 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2G
    The Maroons
    The Wanderers

I'd look to move Bryz straight up for a stud. You could possibly even snag a package deal that would work out for you (depending on the rest of your needs).

Halak/Kipper will be alright this year, and Price will (hopefully) eventually turn things around.

Dobber Sports Novice

Well, I've been offered Iginla (and a weak pick) for Bryzgalov this morning.

At risk of having to move to another messageboard, does Iginla have enough left in the tank to justify Bryz? He's 33 and was starting to look slow last year (but was playing with scrubs).

Our other stats G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP

I'll try and talk him into taking Kipper (older), but he'll insist on Bryz. That sticks me with Kipper, Halak, and Price as my goalies... good deal?

I think you'd be able to pull out more than Iggy. If you could target a mildly under the radar F, I think you'd be better off.

ie Lecavalier

Or go in the opposite direction and aim at a Top 5 D + pick.