Thread: Rask - live up to the hype?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Rask - live up to the hype?

Hey guys.

Just wondering if y'all think Tuuka Rask will live up to his hype.

I am sort of 50/50 on this.

I think he is a very talented goalie, and last year proved he can play in the NHL.

BUT, I get nervous about goalies having a hot rookie year. Could it maybe be a flash in the pan? Does Thomas get back to his Vezina form, and split starts?

OR....does Rask live up to all his expectations. Be the bonafide #1, and make all us leaf fans REALLY hate JFJ that much more.
    Team 1:

G, A, SOG, PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, SV%, GAA, SO

C - Matthews, Crosby, Point, Seguin
    LW - Miller, Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Kaprizov, Schenn
    RW - Terry, Necas, Reinhart, Boeser
    D - Hedman, Pionk, Hanifin, McNabb
    G - Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Petry

Team 2:

G, A, PP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, GAA, SV%,

C - Kopitar, Hischier, Rantane
    LW - Panarin, Guentzel, RNH
    RW - Marner, Kucherov, R. Smith
    D - Makar, Hamilton, Heisknen, Dillon
    G - Vasilevskiy, Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Aho, Theodore

Dobber Sports Genius

Rask will live up to the hype. He will not be a flash in the pan. He has every tool/intangable to dominate his position for more than a decade and I would bet he will be one of the best for a long time. However...I would be a tad concerned for this year. Not that there is any risk of him losing his job for the long haul, but the Bruins absolutely will have to showcase Thomas this year maybe more than they would like. For that reason, Rask might not get as much of the net this year as most people expect.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Rask only concerns me this year, so im tempering expectations. With that ******ed Tim Thomas contract that Boston is going to try to rid themselves of, I can see Rask losing a bunch of starts this year. Inconsistency and the threat of Thomas can really shake his confidence. However, after this year, if they cannot deal Thomas, I think that Boston will deal with the fact that they have a 4 or 5 million dollar backup. That's when you'll really see Rask shine, imo.