Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Young Unproven Goalies vs. Prospect Goalies Rank

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Awesome! Sorry I was unable to get onto the forum yesterday, but this is really what I was hoping to have, a combined list of players ranked in long-term value, but not unrealistic potential.

Very interested to see Berneir after campbell and price. I understand it is very speculative, because the time-line is too great to predict accurately, but the berneir hype machine sometimes is so powerful that I felt him and Markstrom might have been well beyond the others.

As far as follow-up questions:

1.) Are there any big gaps between tiers of goalies throughout the list?

2.) If you had to throw in some current comparables, where would these goalies fall?
    Example:
    Brodeur
    *Miller
    Markstrom
    Campbell
    *Kiprusoff
    Price
    Bernier
    *Ward
    Stalock
    ... ... ...

I don't even know if the more veteran goalies would be in that order on a separate list, let alone if they are correctly placed in this list. But basically the question is: Is for example, stalock at #5 comparable to a Cam Ward or a Niittymaki or a Theodore or who?

If you don't have the time for this last question that, of course, is fine.

Thanks again for all your help. (I also picked your brain in the live chat on July 1 with questions about stalock versus greiss in SJ, asking if stalock was like berneir in that they were both expected to take the thrown)

Thanks immensely,
    Andrew
    Last edited by capretto2002; August 20, 2010 at 6:27 AM. Reason: more to say
    Yahoo H2H League: 12 Team, Full Keeper, 26 players plus farm team (3 round prospect draft, players<100gp)
    G,A,P,+/,PIM,PPG,PPA,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,W,Sv,Sv%,GA,GA%,SH O

Centers: Crosby, Duchene, Ribeiro, Weiss, Backlund, Shore
    RW: Eberle, Voracek, Horton, Grabner, Atkinson
    LW: Parise, Ovechkin, Moulson, Ennis, Tlusty, Boedker,
    D: Shattenkirk, Carlson, Del Zotto, Barrie, Faulk
    G: Pavelec, Varlamov, Lindback, Enroth

Farm: Lehner, Stalock, Salak, Yakupov, Rattie, Gudbranson, Josefson, Josi, Bjugstad