Thread: HTR

Dobber Sports Stud

Default HTR

Hey all,

How reliable is the HockeyTradeRumours website? I\'ve been getting the \"Trade Man\" emails for a while, but I often find that the articles it links to are badly written or ill-reasoned, and almost always lacking in sourcing and credentials. At least on this site we have Karma, and Dobber has a statistical track record to back up his expertise. There, I don\'t know who\'s an expert and who\'s just opining to the world.

Obviously the articles Dobber publishes there are excluded from my question. Thanks for the feedback.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re:HTR

Personally I don\'t think they are very reliable. Just some guys like us posting their fantasies.

The best site (other than here)I\'ve found is Spector\'s Hockey at: http://www.spectorshockey.net/

He gives analysis on the rumours. He appears to scour the newspapers like Dobber to gather his intel & updates his site daily.

Hope this is helpful.

EDIT: spelling

Post edited by: WhatThePuck?, at: 2007/04/23 11:58

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would agree, they don\'t know too much over there. Well they hear something from a friend and then post their FANTASIES up. I like when they write down the entire team and the line combo\'s. Like one I saw in early March had Bertuzzi and Svatos playing wing for Mats Sundin. Come on. Now I heard Tuzzi would like to play in T.O. next season but that is next season. And who doesn\'t want to play in T.O.? It seems everyone wants to, even Roenick said on live TV he would sign for $450,000 with the BUDS.

HockeyTradeRumors is a total waste of time,you get nothing you need when you go there.
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Icon

Spectors has a great site going... I wouldn\'t recommend seriously looking at ANY other trade rumor sites.

In regard to Big Bert wanting to goto toronto: I think he\'d be crazy to go there. He\'s been under a microscope since the moore incident, and he certainly hasn\'t shown yet that he can break out of his funk and consistantly preform when he\'s under that microscope.

Don\'t get me wrong, I\'m a huge big bert fan, and I\'ve supported him since this whole thing started three years ago; but the media (and fans for that matter) in toronto will tear him apart. He seems to be very sensitive still :blush: and I don\'t think that the scrutiny that he\'ll face in toronto is what he needs.

We\'ll just have to wait and see though. I\'d really love to see him go to a place like Boston though. I\'d love to see him play with savard. Boston is also one of the few places in all the nhl that will forgive you for almost killing someone on the ice. The fans up there love guys that play in Bertuzzi\'s \"style\". Can anyone say Cam Neely? Also, I think boston\'s been interested in trading murray (or at least bumping him down the depth chart a little bit) for a little while now (at least I would be if were were boston\'s GM)...

Post edited by: lanky522, at: 2007/04/24 11:27
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Stud

I can\'t believe you just compared Bertuzzi with Cam Neely. In any way, shape or form. Shame on you, Lanky. Shame.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Icon

Back when Bertuzzi was at his best in vancouver, he was very similar to Neely. He was a brusing influence in every game, would fight often, and put up a large amount of goals playing a similar style.

Interestingly enough, Neely retired fairly young becuase of nagging back injuries. Bertuzzi now has a nagging back injury.

I understand your worship of Neely, and yes, he was a fantastic player who completely changed the face of hockey by virtually inventing the power forward position. Bertuzzi (before the steve moore incident) had VERY similar style of play to Neely though.

These comments are by no means meant to bash the original innovator (Neely), they were just meant to show how similar they were in many respects and how bertuzzi might fit in well in boston.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Bam Bam Cam is my fav player of all time. I would never compare my boy to Bert. But I know what you mean as in POWER FORWARD. Bert doesn\'t seem to dish out any punishment since the incident with Mr.Moore.

I am sure the B\'s could trade Murray and get something in return, probably get more then they did for Joe. But lets not talk about that. Go SHARKS Go.

As for the comparison Lanky, I agree with the good man Giraffe, SHAME ON YOU.. You should know better.. HA. Z..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..