Thread: question for Dobber

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default question for Dobber

I Dobber, great site, Im new in here. English is not my first language but i think im not that bad...Anyway here is my question...

Usually 1 buy the Hockey news guide to prepare my draft. Im in a league where we have to bit for players. 160 $ fictive money. 15 actives (9 forward, 4 defs 2 goalies) and 10 reserves players. Consider G, A, sog, special team points, +/-, shot pct for Forw and def and Win, Gaa Save pct for goalies. Same value for each categories. We have to keep 6 players from last years (ex: i drafted Nylander 1 $ i can keep him 1 $ for 1 year, 6 $ for 2 years 11$ 3 years. Brodeur 45 $ Turco 16 $ Zajac 1 $ OSullivan 1 $ etc.) So if i protect for 55 $ 1 have 105 $ left to draft 9 actives players. For the reserve, its a regular draft. Im looking for a player/prospect list for next year, Is your package (and player list) ok for my league (do you consider pim, sog, +/- etc ?)

2nd question:

Since i have to bet for players, could you give me some players (def + forwards) that you think wont cost me to much (that other people in my league wont expect to be good) Ex: Somebody drafted Vanek for 3 $ last year, i drafted Ray Whitney 1 $) Im going to buy 2 top players for probably around 80 $(ex Iginla or Zett or Jokinen) so i will need some cheap but good players

By the way i took Callahan and i can keep him for 2 years so thanks for the tip...

Thank a lot
    Duff
    Roto league $$$, auction league, limited keeper max 3 years
    G, A, Sog, Pim, Hits, +/-, Stpts
    Wins, Gaa, save%

12 forwards
    5 def
    3 goalers
    10 utility

I...am your father.

Default Re:question for Dobber

Hey Duff,
    The prospect guide gives you projected/potential points and PIMs for all prospects. The draft guide will give you PIM info, but to project plus/minus is silly, since it\'s a team stat and the player\'s numbers will be based on their abilities within the team range. Any surprises in that category (i.e. Vanek) really can\'t be predicted. It\'s best to draft based on PIM and points needs, and then address plus/minus shortcomings once the season gets underway and you see where you stand in that category.

For next year sleeper picks, there is a recent thread so far on here where I threw some great ideas up, and other guys did as well...maybe in \"fantasy advice or fantasy trades section...
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Initiate

Duff wrote:
    ...great site, Im new in here. English is not my first language but i think im not that bad...
    Your English ain\'t that bad, don\'t worry about it.

Welcome to the most useful fantasy hockey forum that I\'ve ever found (and no, I don\'t work here). Use the site\'s SEARCH feature on an individual player, and you\'ll get links to every post on him. (I love that feature.)

The player rankings and projections are deep and (as you may have read elsewhere here) quite accurate most of the time.

As long as your English is good enough to distinguish opinion from analysis, and you read enough posts to figure out whose opinions you trust, you\'ll love it here.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks to both of you,

im getting familiar with the site. Projections for next season are coming in august i believe ?

By the way Tannkx you Steffen, im glad to bee hapie a-bout ma anglich dat i speaak and reed well good :P (just kidding)
    Roto league $$$, auction league, limited keeper max 3 years
    G, A, Sog, Pim, Hits, +/-, Stpts
    Wins, Gaa, save%

12 forwards
    5 def
    3 goalers
    10 utility