Thread: last four drafted goalies

Dobber Sports Pro

Default last four drafted goalies

Last time I checked the 2010 draft report on TGG, there was no info on Ouellette, Rosen, Carruth or Andersen. You got a take on any of them? Any of them worth a very low round flyer in a deep (30 team, 7 round draft) pool?

Thanks,
    Rebulding in two lifetime keepers, squads to follow ...

The King of Diatribes

Yes, this is true, I did not complete mini-profiles for those four goalies! I think it was because the draft was held over the weekend and I had to stop at some point so I could complete a School of Block for Monday, so apologies for that!!

Ouellette is a super deep pick and a good kid playing high school up in New Hampshire. He has some upside but is not worth taking in a seven-round draft. There are many more viable options. He's worth keeping an eye on, but nothing more than that. Just kind of a long-shot pick by Columbus in my opinion. But we all know anything can happen with those super-low picks. I did hear good things about him in CBJ's prospects camp and did see some photos of him, so I know he has good size and quickness for his age.

I watched Cody Rosen compete during the Islanders prospects scrimmage (streamed it online) and was impressed with his agility and competitiveness, but he's very, very small and does not have the skill set at his size to succeed at the pro levels right now. He's listed at 5-11 and 180 pounds, so the odds are against him. The fact he's going the college route with Clarkson means he won't play a lot of games, but he will probably develop a good winning mentality. So he will compete, but he's a long shot for the pro ranks.

Andersen is the goalie that plays in Denmark and from what I hear (I have never actually seen him play) he is a stud over there and impresses a lot of scouts. I don't know what to expect from him since I've never seen him play (just being honest) but as time goes on I will learn more about him and if I feel he's a prospect worth watching I'll mention it in an article or on the forums!!

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks for the info.

Andersen first caught my eye when I was looking over the early WC stats in the spring - he backstopped their opening 4-1 win against the Finns, stopping 36 of 37 shots, including 28 of 28 in the last two periods (the goal came at the 6:47 mark in the first). It wouldn't surprise me if this game got him drafted, as 7 of the shots he stopped were from Canes' Jussi Jokinen.

But then the Danes went back to Patrik Galbraith for their game against the US, which they also won, and so they gave Galbraith the reins from then on. Unfortunately for them he gave up 3 in a 1-3 loss to Germany, then 6 in a 0-6 loss to Slovakia. For their next game, against Russia of all teams, they then went back to Andersen, and he only stopped 26 of 32 shots in a 1-6 loss. They then went back to Galbraith for their remaining games, losses against Belorus and Sweden.

At any rate, videos from the Denmark-Finland and Denmark-Russia games at the WC are probably the easiest places to see him.

Anything to say on Carruth?
    Rebulding in two lifetime keepers, squads to follow ...