Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Questions - July 17

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Hey Dobbs,

Two questions:

1.) In a points only keeper, who do you like better: Erik Karlsson or Dion Phaneuf? Points-wise where do you think Karlsson ends up: a steady 40-45 guy, 45-50 guy, 50-55 guy, 55-60 guy, or 60+ guy?

2.) Do you think Patrick Kane takes the next step offensively? Do you see him hitting 45-50 goals and/or 100 pts. anytime soon?

Thanks!
    1. Karlsson 60+ guy. Not this year though.
    2. No, I don't think he's a 100-point guy. Maybe 95, and sure it could be soon
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy33200 View Post
    Thanks Dobber. A couple ? for you here.

In my h2h keeper league ( G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, SOG, W, L, SV%, GAA, SO) My team is as follows: Arnott, Bozak, Gaustad, Morrison, Toews, Weiss, J.Jokinen, Hartnell, Prospal, Raymond, Smyth, Alfredsson, R. Bourque, Knuble, Samuelsson, St. Louis, Goligoski, Robidas, Kronwall, Streit, Visnovsky, Martin Brodeur, Luongo, Theodore, Garon with FARM: Bachman, R.Ellis, Gerbe, Goncharov, Tarasenko, Niederreiter, Nyquist, Watson

I just made the trade of I get: Brodeur, Nino, J.Jokinen for Heatley, 1st round pick next year, Shirokov, and Huet

Do you think I won on that one? How long before we see Nyquist in the NHL? Point prediciton for Toews this year, 90+? If I want to go after a center which do you think would be best - Lecavalier (will he turn his production around?), Vermette, or Roy?

Sorry that is more than a couple but thank you very much.
    I think you won that deal if you had another goalie besides Luongo. Now you could be in trouble. Getting Heatley was a nice coup, but unless you can get a Nittymaki with that first round pick, you'll be in trouble.

Nyqvist - I'd expect him in 2011-12.

Toews - no way. Think Mike Richards. Looks like he'll get 90 easily, but never does. High 70s this year, with some very hot weeks thrown in the mix.

Lecavalier is the best center you list, but he may be the most expensive.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Novice

ok id like to know about blake comeau,martin hanzal,,skilleand,j.carlson

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Panger View Post
    Hey Dobber,

Points format keeper. I am trying to establish who to keep as we have to drop a large number of our roster players every year.

Would you be willing to keep a young stud D (either Karlsson or Carlson) over a vetran D in his last few years but someone who will garner you 45+ points? Without going too much into league specs, I guess I am just trying to establish how long it will take for these young D's to get 40+ points.

Karlsson - this year.
    Carlson - this year.

Solved!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for doing this Dobber.

League in my sig. I have already dropped off the players that "had" to go back into the f.a. pool, so that will explain the holes and I have not settled on keepers as of yet.

The question is:

I need to shed some salary before the draft and I am considering a trade of my Malkin ($60 cap hit, out of a $300 cap, Ovie is costing me $70) for his Rask (farm eliglible, so no cap hit until I activate him), Yandle and Myers (both very cheap cap hits). This trade would mean the difference between having less than $100 dollars to fill 14 roster spots and possibly having $150.

Forwards like Kane, Toews, Backstom (Wash), Datsyuk, Zetterberg. M. Richards and Perry will be available at the (auction style) draft. Also d-men such as Green, Boyle, Markov, Chara and Weber.

Am I crazy moving Malkin? or should I do the trade and go with the goalie (keeping Halak and would be stashing Rask on the farm) and d-man help before the draft and open the cash up for the other available players.

Thanks again for the insight!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Hossa or Varlamov - 4th (and final) keeper

12 team league. 18 players per team. 4 keepers. Counting towards total score: top 5 forwards (straight points), 3 defense (1.5xgoals, 1xassists, 0.5x +/-), 1 goalie (2xwin, 3xshutout, 1xOTL), 1 goon (PIM/2)

Right now i'm pretty sure i'm keeping Heatley, Parise, Downie (goon)....possibilities for 4th keeper are Hossa, Varlamov (and less likely: Timonen, Carle, Alfie, Horton). Don't need to decide til September.

However, could Varlamov be a top-tier goalie in this system, or do you see him splitting time with Neuvirth? What kind of year is Hossa looking at?

Pickering #1.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Train View Post
    Hey Dobber. Thanks as always.

I can keep 10 heading into this years September draft. Thinking about:

Crosby, Malkin, Hossa, Stewart, Marleau, Phaneuf, Campbell, Halak and Anderson.

Who would you give the last spot to? Jack Johnson? Brassard? Backes? Gustavsson? Clarkson?

Also, should you feel frisky, how would you rate my current goalie situation with a Halak and Anderson combination?
    Halak/Anderson is fantastic. I think you're set, but a third goalie couldn't hurt.

Last spot - I'd probably go JJ

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Karhgath View Post
    Gilbert vs OEL.

I value OEL very highly, and he's close. You really think he can make it this year? How many points do you predict? Do you think he can have as much impact as Myers did last year?

Would you consider trading Gilbert AND Kulemin for OEL? I'm stacked at LW (Kovalchuk, Sedin, Parise, Filatov) and kulemin is pretty much expandable for me. Gilbert is currently my 6-7th D.
    I do think he'll make the team this year. I always temper my expectations for rookie defensemen, but OEL is one of the few who you could see making a big splash right away. So while I wouldn't expect more than 35 to start, I would be crossing my fingers for 45+

I would do that deal in a heartbeat.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    If you had to pick one player to start your new keeper league team out of these available players... who would you pick? I pick next and bound to get one of these guys.. kinda afraid Green will have trouble this year with Carlson in the mix

10 team. G(1) A(1) Shots PIMs +/-

Green
    Thornton
    Datsyuk
    Kovalchuk
    D.Sedin
    Kane

List in order if you can...
    Wow - I share your concerns, at least for the long term. Still, he'll put up the big points for this year so I would go Green. Then Kovalchuk, as in LA he'll rock. Gotta go Big Joe after that.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire on Ice View Post
    Hey Dobber,

I usually email Angus, but I'm actually pretty excited to ask your opinions on things.

I have Pietrangelo and Carlson on my dynasty team.
    I also have Mike Green. We need to start 6 Dmen during the season.

What Dman will be better to have in straight points?.....
    1. EJ
    2. Subban
    3. Pietrangelo
    4. Carlson

What will be their pts potential?
    How do you think I can position myself to nab EJ or Subban?

Thanks Dobber.
    1. Carlson 70+
    2. Subban 65+
    3. Pietrangelo 65
    4. EJ 60+

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzie View Post
    I also have a question on M Moulson.

Do you think he is a flash in the pan or can we expect some decent numbers for a couple of years?
    I drafted him in a roto league I am in because I felt like I was lacking in the goal department and he was the highest goal scorer left on the board.

I am kinda of regreting it somewhat. most things I have seen on here posted is that he is not for real.
    One hit wonder or decent for at least three more years.

The team is marketing him as part of their core and he hit that magical 30-goal mark, so I tend to say that he's for real. That being said, his upside isn't huge and he was taken off the Tavares line in the second (though he still produced). I'd expect him to be a 55-point guy ongoing, with some upside if he can stick with JT.
    Let's see what numbers he gets in arbitration. That will tell a good story, too.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Colts View Post
    I am in tough at LW, as I have Kovalchuk at one of my two LW positions, and then one of either VanRiemsdyk or Filatov. Assuming Kovalchuk signs in the NHL (Please god!) which of Filatov or VanR would you protect in a straight points keeper league? How do you see either producing for the upcoming season and beyond?

Man, that is a tough one. How do you not protect JVR? But Filatov's upside is so tantalizing that I would protect him. If you like to play safe, protect JVR though. I like risks.

Dobber Sports Stud

Hi Dobber,

The team and categories are in my signature below.

Which six forwards would you keep?

I was thinking Backstrom, Staal, Spezza, Ryan... but them I'm lost between Benn, JvR, Backes, Vanek, Voracek, and Okposo??

I can keep an additional forward as my one Prospect, who would you hang on to? JvR, Benn, or Filatov? (Assuming JvR and Benn aren't part of the 6 forwards).
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by LPPQWhalers View Post
    Hi Dobber,

Thanks for doing this.

Can you name a couple of great buy low candidates right now ?

Thanks.

Tom Gilbert
    Patrick O'Sullivan (I know, I know, I can see all the eyerolls)
    Kristian Huselius
    Troy Brouwer
    Ian White
    Joffrey Lupul

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Upside & Information To Unmentioned Prospects

Hi Dobber, I would like some information with regards to upside & your personal opinion of the following Prospects that were not mentioned in your guide, thanks.

d-S. Elliot-col

d-Y. Alexandrov-bos

d-S. Vatanen-ana

f-B. Kozun-la

d-M. Noreau-min

f-M. Johansson-wsh

Following Prospects have to be signed in my keeper-league (strictly g+a=pts) will be placed on farm team, WORTH IT?

f-V. Zharkov-nj

g-K. Ramo-tb

f-C. MacIntyre-sj

THANKS.