Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Filling Out the Maple Leafs Roster

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Filling Out the Maple Leafs Roster

Check out the article by the pension plan puppets for any LEAF FANS

Interesting read for sure

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/20...g-in-the-holes

Dobber Sports Expert

Nice article except for the LW options, where I doubt one of them happens. Maybe Burke can deal Kabs off for a centre, as I doubt Bozak will become a #1 centre in his career.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by TML View Post
    Nice article except for the LW options, where I doubt one of them happens. Maybe Burke can deal Kabs off for a centre, as I doubt Bozak will become a #1 centre in his career.
    Yeah, as much as I like Bozak, I think you're right. He could be #1 C by default, but would be best suited as a #2 C. I think the same can be said for Kadri and Grabovski is #2.5 - #3 C.

Savard to TO rumor again!!!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yeah, as much as I like Bozak, I think you're right. He could be #1 C by default, but would be best suited as a #2 C. I think the same can be said for Kadri and Grabovski is #2.5 - #3 C.
    I would not be so quick to give up on Kadri. Yes he will be slotted in as the 3rd line center this year. Give the kid a chance before you right him off. He is only 19 and showing lots of potential. Kadri could well grow into a first line center in a year or two or three. Bozak played well enough to be a 1st line center but it was only for 20 games or so. It remains to be seen if he can play at that level for a whole season. Keep in mind that for the games Bozak played his numbers were better than Duchene and Taveres. Is anyone giving up on those guys so fast.

Dobber Sports Expert

Bozak's a lot older.... I'm sure by the time Tavares and Duchene are 22, they'll be getting 70+

Dobber Sports Wizard

Neal would be a dream come true if they can land him for Kaberle.

As far as an offer sheet goes Burked would need a 2nd round pick and does he have that this year? That would make two seasons in a row with no 1st and no 2nd, but adding Kessel and Neal isn't a bad trade off I guess.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Initiate

Neal would be a dream come true if they can land him for Kaberle.
    Hey watch it. I have established a reputation on this thread as the dreamer for what the leafs will get for Kaberle. Are you trying to undermine my position. I have maintained that Kaberle is a premier trade commodity that will bring riches to Toronto.

Well even I don't think we can get Neal away from Dallas for Kaberle. However I am happy to dream along with you.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by kbooks View Post
    I would not be so quick to give up on Kadri. Yes he will be slotted in as the 3rd line center this year. Give the kid a chance before you right him off. He is only 19 and showing lots of potential. Kadri could well grow into a first line center in a year or two or three. Bozak played well enough to be a 1st line center but it was only for 20 games or so. It remains to be seen if he can play at that level for a whole season. Keep in mind that for the games Bozak played his numbers were better than Duchene and Taveres. Is anyone giving up on those guys so fast.
    Oh sure! That's what I said. Kadri will certainly have his chance at #1 C down the road and he could surprise a lot (I do like the Paul Stastny comparison Dobber said in the latest prospect report for that), but he might really be better at #2 C. Time will tell I guess.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I don't think either Kadri or Grabovski will ever play a #3 center role in Toronto.
    I might be wrong here but I thought Burke's design for a team consisted of 2 lines of skilled players, 1 shutdown line and 1 crash and bang line. I don't see Kadri or Grabovski playing a shutdown role and I certainly don't see them as crash and banger's.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I might get blasted here for saying it, but I think the Leafs are missing a great opportunity to sign a very underrated forward. He's fast, versatile, decent hands, intelligent, good on faceoffs, good penalty killer, could move up from 3rd line to 2nd line in the event of an injury, and best of all... since no one seems to want him, he'd be cheap like borscht to sign.

Three problems, he's small - and Burkie wants bigger centers to fill the 3rd and 4th lines.
    Second problem, he's the brother of the dude suing Burkie. Well, indirectly suing him.
    3rd - he might have burned a bridge with the Leafs when he already played for them and got greedy in negotiations, forcing them to let him walk.

But anyways - underrated quality player if they can get him cheap.
    He did have 20 pts in his last 20 games as a maple leaf
    Head-to-Head/ yahoo/ 16 teams/ dynasty league

C, C, C, C,
    LW, LW, LW, LW,
    RW, RW, RW, RW,
    D, D, D, D, D, D,
    G, G,
    BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN,
    IR, IR,
    IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+,
    NA, NA, NA, NA, NA

(G), (A), (PIM), (PPP), (SOG), (HIT), (BLK)

(W), (GAA), (SV%), (SHO)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I might get blasted here for saying it, but I think the Leafs are missing a great opportunity to sign a very underrated forward. He's fast, versatile, decent hands, intelligent, good on faceoffs, good penalty killer, could move up from 3rd line to 2nd line in the event of an injury, and best of all... since no one seems to want him, he'd be cheap like borscht to sign.

Three problems, he's small - and Burkie wants bigger centers to fill the 3rd and 4th lines.
    Second problem, he's the brother of the dude suing Burkie. Well, indirectly suing him.
    3rd - he might have burned a bridge with the Leafs when he already played for them and got greedy in negotiations, forcing them to let him walk.

But anyways - underrated quality player if they can get him cheap.
    Wait, I got lost, what player are we talking about here?
    12-team, H2H, Keep 4. Categories: G,A,+/-,PPG,PPP,Hits,PIM,W,Sv,Sv%,GAA
    C: Kopitar, M. Koivu, Oshie (C)
    LW: Zuccarello, , Elias (C), Duchene (C)
    RW: Iginla, Pominville, Ovechkin
    D: Karlsson, Chara, Doughty
    G: Crawford, Halak, Bryzgalov
    Farm: Kuemper, MacKinnon, Lehner, Schwartz, Nyquist

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by vena.daniel View Post
    Wait, I got lost, what player are we talking about here?
    dominic moooooooooooooore.
    12 Team H2H Partial Keeper: Keep 4 (1G Max).
    C: Crosby, Malkin, Stepan, Trocheck, Monahan
    LW: Parise, Landeskog, Schenn (C), Vatrano (C)
    RW: Okposo, Reinhart (C), Larkin (C)
    D: Karlsson, Yandle, Hamilton
    G: Holtby, Dubnyk, Mason
    IR: Gallagher (RW)

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 2Util, 4D, 2G, 4BN, 1IR.

Dobber Sports Initiate

dominic moooooooooooooore.
    I like Moore and he played well for Toronto. Burke offered him $2.5m I believe and he turned it down. Toronto got a 2nd round pick instead from Buffalo and then he signed for $1m in Florida and they got a 2nd rounder for him from Montreal. Now he is back on the market and I am sure can be had for $1m again.

Trouble is what Moore can provide is now covered by others. Currently oronto has Bozak, Grabovski, Kadri, Mitchell and Hanson covering the center and might stil trade for a top 6 center. Who knows maybe Savard ends up in Toronto. He wants to come to Toronto so he can be close to his Kids that live in Oshawa I think. With his divorce it is hard to see his kids when he is playing in a city far away from Toronto.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would like to see the leafs give Wellwood another shot if he can get decent minutes he could produce. Always been a fan (especially in his leafs days some sick dishes on the PP ) and it seems he has turned the corner with his attitude/commitment problem, he looked quick last year with the Canucks.
    12 team Keeper Head to Head: (10 Keepers)
    G,A,P,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,W,SV%,GAA,SO

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G

Dobber Sports Wizard

It's almost worth signing Moore just to get the 2nd round pick at the deadline.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50