Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [signing] Brett Lebda to Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    I am pretty sure Spector called this a day ago. Lebda is not a bad signing at all for our leafs. Burke is surely moving Kaberle though. Not that Lebda is replacing him but hes definitely capable of 5th or 6th dman duties.

EDIT: good post praba.....i'm always a little slow
    Dean, I hope to Christ that Spector called this yesterday as Eklund said it today. And Eklund can't be right. no no no no no no no no no no no no

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

damn, maybe it was eklund...but i am still not giving him credit

Dobber Sports Initiate

damn, maybe it was eklund...but i am still not giving him credit
    The Eklund modus operandi is suggest everything is in play so when a deal happens you can take credit for the insight.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default lebba

Yippie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dobber Sports Sage

One of the smoothest skaters in the NHL. And not a bad 5th Dman. Great signing by the Leafs.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Initiate

My first reaction was 'wha tha FAH?' We're deep on defence, and this is MORE money gone that doesn't address the lack of goals that we suffer from. Sign O'Sullivan for cryin' out loud!

Hopefully this is the first step in something big, as suggested. Burke likes to leave a spot or two open to give the young guys something to compete for in training camp, and with Phaneuf, Kaberle, Beauchemin, Komo, Gunnarsson, Schenn, Finger and now Lebda I hope a deal involving Kaberle and maybe Schenn is getting close.

In Burke we trust...in Burke we trust...in Burke we trust...
    10 Team H2H ESPN Keeper - G, A, PIM, FOW, ATOI, SOG, HIT, BLK, DEF, STP, W, SO, SV, GAA, SV%
    ================================================== ===========================
    Forwards: McDavid, Matthews, Ovechkin, Couture, Toews, Henrique, Perry, Perron, Maroon, Galchenyuk, Neal, R. Smith, Parise, Stastny, Konecny, Patrick
    Defence: Ristolainen, Josi, Hamilton, Giordano, Fowler, Ekholm, Schultz
    Goalies: Fleury, Lundqvist, Smith
    IR: Crawford

Dobber Sports Initiate

with Phaneuf, Kaberle, Beauchemin, Komo, Gunnarsson, Schenn, Finger and now Lebda I hope a deal involving Kaberle and maybe Schenn is getting close.
    It looks like a big play is in the works. Leaf fans can only hope it is a Ryan deal that involves some D thus the need for an extra body. There would seem to be a good chance any of the leafs D not just Schenn could be in play if something big is in the works. Only guy Burke won't move on the D is Phaneuf.

While I am dreaming in technicolor perhaps Burke is working on a Richards deal with Dallas or a deal with LA that involves Braydon Schenn or Simmonds. IF NJD miss out on Kovalchuk it seems that would put a deal for Kaberle back on the front burner.

Okay I actually do realize that it is not Christmas but this is the Fantasy dream season for hockey fans. There are no limits on what deals we can dream up until the start of the season brings us back to reality.

For now I will just keep dreaming. Sometimes dreams come true.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    One of the smoothest skaters in the NHL. And not a bad 5th Dman. Great signing by the Leafs.
    is the 1.45mil cap hit too much? or am i just being picky here...
    Last edited by daveyboy; July 8, 2010 at 11:40 AM.
    12 Team H2H Partial Keeper: Keep 4 (1G Max).
    C: Crosby, Malkin, Stepan, Trocheck, Monahan
    LW: Parise, Landeskog, Schenn (C), Vatrano (C)
    RW: Okposo, Reinhart (C), Larkin (C)
    D: Karlsson, Yandle, Hamilton
    G: Holtby, Dubnyk, Mason
    IR: Gallagher (RW)

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 2Util, 4D, 2G, 4BN, 1IR.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

what makes everyone think a dman needs to get moved out?

Kaberle is likely out....leaving

Phaneuf - Schenn
    Beauchemin - Gunnarsson
    Komisarek - Lebda
    Finger
    (pairings TBD)

The leafs will have 7 dmen NHL "if" they trade Kaberle and 8 NHL if Kaberle sticks around. Most NHL should have this amount of depth on the backend IMO.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by daveyboy View Post
    is the 1.45mil cap hit is too much? or am i just being picky here...
    I don't think you're picky. It seems high for a 5th D to me too.

kbooks - screw dreaming about a Richards deal! Dream for Neal or Benn when you dream of Dallas
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Ace

I think this signing was just to help change the culture of the team and the locker room.

Cup winners on the Toronto Maple Leafs pre Burke.... 0

Cup winners to date... Beauchemin, Giguerre, Versteeg and Lebda... Maybe Brown?

He's bringing in guys that know what it takes to win and I can't be mad at that!

Here's to hopin he brings in something sexy for Kabs.... While I'd LOVE Benn and like Neal, Richards would be another Conn Smythe and cup winner!

Edit... Brown wasn't on the Anaheim roster
    Last edited by jayz16; July 8, 2010 at 4:58 PM.
    11 team Keeper League (14 out of 30) Salary cap of 90.72 million$, actual salary.
    Cats...Pts (1G, 1A), +/- and PIMs divided by 10

C.. Malkin Getzlaf Stepan Kadri
    RW.. Kessel Marchand Brunner Silfverberg
    LW.. Parise Vanek Jagr C.Wilson
    D.. Shattenkirk Karlsson Yandle Visnovsky Rielly R.Murray
    G..Rask, Schneider

Bench (paid)... Johansen, Kassian, Belov, Josi, Lehner, Paajarvi
    Unsigned... Campbell, Pouliot, Gustaffson, Frolik

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default The writing is on the wall...

Lebda is a former champ and has more than 60 games in the post season in the last 5 years. That is probably more than the rest of last years entire team.

This paves the way for a Kabby deal that will likely now involve a younger D prospect as well.

At 28 he has room to grow still, as he has just hit his prime and already has a cup and two SC Final appearances to his credit.

Gunnarson (sp?) or Schenn are likely gonners along with Kabby to team X.
    Personnaly I am crossing my fingers for Anaheim and Ryan.

Mind you I have never heard the D.Brown rumour before now, but it would make sense since he has NO chemistry with Kopitar and is a potentially top line winger stuck on a 2nd line because he has no real center. Salaries are comparable too. Gunnarsson could get thrown in to land B.Schenn, or maybe ship Kadri. B. Schenn was higher ranked in his draft year, just burried and the family ties are obvious. LA is getting deep at D, but Kabby for now and Gunner for the future would be smart, especially if they are forced to deal J.Johnson or lose him to free agency.

The Filatov rumour is bunk...CLB is going to market the crap out of him for a boom or bust.

Hanson could be dealt as marketing ploy to a smaller market like Anaheim or maybe LA (smaller coverage not pop.) whom may appreciate the Hollywood-esque roots. It may help sweeten the pot, and he will fit as a checker anyway. The frat pack is dead now that Bozak slides in #1 C and Stahlberg is now a blackhawk.

Burke is pulling out all the stops and cleaning out his cupbaord of NHL prospects that will project as checking players. They come a dime a dozen and he knows he does have to or waste his time developing those players if they can close a deal to improve now.
    Last edited by Sovereign; July 9, 2010 at 1:01 PM.
    League Rules:12 Teams-24 Players-12 Keepers.
    3C 3LW 3RW 3F 6D 2G 4BN 2IR
    C-V.Lecavelier,M.Duchene,L.Couture,D.Stepan
    LW-A.Ovechkin,T.Hall,V.Leino,E.Cole,K.Clifford
    RW-I.Kovalchuk,C.Stewart,J.Skinner,B.Little
    D-Z.Chara,V.Hedman,J.Johnson,D.Hamhuis,E.Johnson,M.G iordano,M.A.Bergeron
    G-C.Price,C.Schneider,A.Lindback,J.Reimer