Thread: Ramblings Emailed

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Ramblings Emailed

Dobber, I\'ve got a comment for you. At the risk of losing all the Karma I\'ve built up, here goes... It seems as though the ramblings have been coming in a little later in the day and when they do come in, they aren\'t as detailed as they used to be. Also, often times the info is the same that is posted on sites like rotoworld.com. You used to post the info on your site well before rotoworld but now I sometimes find that they have beaten you to the punch. I know you are very busy trying to make this site better and this is the main reason I liked your site to begin with. I love your ramblings and would be willing to pay for them if that is what is holding you back from posting them.

Respectfully,

Hoopej2

Post edited by: hoopej2, at: 2007/04/17 16:18

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re:Ramblings Emailed

Seems to me this comment is a karma gainer hoopej2. When an on-line service provider gets such specific feedback from a customer - it should be treated like a found nugget. In this age of information, timeliness is a factor in the perceived value of a service. Isn\'t this business in large measure about where, how often, and for how long a mouse click hits?

As a news service, Ramblings needs to be timely - as an analysis service it has less of a need in that regard.

I...am your father.

I beat Rotoworld today and yesterday. Admittedly, they beat me last week quite a bit. I always check to see if I beat them.

But guys - the information is limited out there during the playoffs. The teams that are out really have no news. I go to the LA times, the Miami Herald, the Columbus paper, the the Montreal Gazette - no new news. The teams that are in are very hush-hush about their injuries. Usually I can dig up a dozen bits and pieces, most of which the other guys find too.
    So all I can add is tidbits during the day, like today\'s Alexandre Picard news.

I had the Lehtonen news up before Rotoworld, and they have yet to give the Sullivan and Saprykin update that I gave. So I think as far as content is concerned, I\'m doing all I can.

As for early times - last week was really tough. I was up late doing a lot of playoff work and it resulted in late mornings, but I\'d still get them up by 10 if possible. This week, as I said, has been better. Back to the routine of having them up by nine.

The thing about it is, with the new site - whenever I update the ramblings, then yesterday\'s ramblings appear while I update today\'s (i.e. it \'removes\' today\'s ramblings while I add to them).
    So what I try to do is get as much on there as I can and then post. I then write out a second wave on \'notepad\' and later copy them over. But it could be that you see yesterday\'s ramblings because I\'m in the middle of adding to today\'s. In which case, just give it 20 seconds and refresh.

Thanks for the feedback.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

PS - I\'ll redouble my efforts!

B)

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Icon

Yeah i was gonna say, during the playoffs and offseason the information is much more limited than during the regular season. Only half the teams are even still playing at this point, so the day to day action is cut in half. The ramblings are probably going to be a bit shorter...

Just enjoy the playoffs in the meantime... hockey\'s hardly ever on t.v. here in the u.s. during the regular season, so spend some time enjoying watching it every night.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

I...am your father.

Just wait for May - I will spend an hour going through 20 or 30 newspapers and sources and in the end I\'ll just be posting one or two lines. Geez, I hope I don\'t get a crap reputation as a result! :blink:
    Last year I was only posting every two, three days in the summer. This year, I\'ll have something up every day, even if I have to give updates on the road hockey out front!
    :P

Dobber Sports Icon

Well, if you had the help of the American (or European) tabloid reporters that stalk the celebrities everywhere, I\'m sure you could come up with all sorts of things to talk about in your ramblings during the offseason.

Here\'s some topics I could see in the summer \"hockey tabloids\":

Hockey tough guy Avery shows his softer side.
    What traits sidney crosby looks for in women.
    Malkin\'s breakup with Russia. The story from behind the iron curtain...
    This season\'s hockey fashions... are visors in or out?
    Is Dany Heatley\'s golf handicap as good as his slapshot?

The possiblility are endless...

Post edited by: lanky522, at: 2007/04/17 22:32
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Genius

you\'re doing a great job dobs\', this site is awesome.i\'ve been in my local pool three years and its\' only since this year after finding and paying close attention to your info as well as the insighrt of the other poolie greats on this site.just do your best to keep us hockey freaks breathing through the summer and we\'ll be fine!
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I am interested on the outcomes of those road-hockey games. Please state the team names and their respective captains for each team. I am a road warrior from way back.
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..