Thread: Markstrom vs Greiss

Default Markstrom vs Greiss

I have Nabokov, obviously......I'm almost certain I could grab Greiss in the 2nd round. That way I would have Nabby's back up in the event of an injury, and a future prospect.

But now I'm thinking of going after Markstrom, in a trade w/a GM that owns Bernier and Brodeur. I think I may be able to get him with a high 2nd rounder.

Assuming I can....what do you think? Go with Bernier or Make a move on Markstrom?

Thanks

p.s if this belongs in the "trade" thread, I apologize
    @SmittysRant

The Magnificent One

well thats an interesting question. this is all to say that Nabby is defently coming back to the sharks. with pavelski and seto as free agents this yr and nabby and marleau - so far word is nabby and marleau wont be back so this might move griess into a more of a playing role. dont think he will be the starter yet but that situation is unclear.

i would still draft griess unless thats the same pick i would go after bernier. markstrom is going to be 2-3 yrs before we see him (maybe). bernier is closer we should see him as a backup this yr to quick.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

See that's actually the hook, If Nabby doesn't come back that would significantly boost Greiss' value. If that's the case, i probably wouldn't be able to grab him in the 2nd round.

As it stands I have one 1st rounder (6th overall), and three 2nds (18, 21, and 24 overall) so I have some flexibility.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Guru

if nabby doesn't come back, you'd have to think san jose would bring in another experienced goalie instead of handing things to Greiss. but yes, there is opportunity there for more starts and potentially stealing the starter role if new guy blows it.

does your draft happen soon? or will you be able to wait through free agency to see where Nabokov ends up?

longterm i think Markstrom is the guy to go after, even if he doesn't help you for 1 or 2 years. his trade value could be higher. it is a gamble though.

on a sidenote, I'd love to see a post from you Bomm Bastic discussing your league setup. there seems to be some interesting things going on there with the number of starts allowed and minutes per week. my league may also be looking at boosting dman points (it is h2h-points as well) so I'd be keen to see how that affects things.

Our draft is in August so I have time to dwell. Unfortunately my OCD prevents me from sitting still for too long (as evidenced by my completely unabashed whoring of the waiver wire..sigh).

Anyway, ultrawhiteness (cool name) you have a valid point, maybe i should wait on my move for Markstrom until I find out what Nabokov's future holds.....

Mr. Whiteness, thanks for the interest. I'd be glad to, if you would direct me to the proper forum in which to start such a thread. Still relatively new here so I don't want to go messin' up the chi in the joint. Let me know....
    @SmittysRant

The Magnificent One

put it in the keeper league forums and with it put your team down and maybe people will give you other thoughts or ideas on your team based on how your league is set up.

we call it the friendly audit or review my team please!!
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    put it in the keeper league forums and with it put your team down and maybe people will give you other thoughts or ideas on your team based on how your league is set up.

we call it the friendly audit or review my team please!!
    Thanks, will do!
    @SmittysRant