Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reply from a previous post

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Reply from a previous post

OK...I have made the counter offer with LeClaire...will let you know how they all respond....

Going forward should I be playing matchups for my position players or stay with a core lineup...don\'t want to get into too many games played issues..
    12 Team One Year H2H Yahoo League
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,
    W,GAA,SV%,SHO

C - Monahan,MacKinnon,Hanzal
    LW - Malone,Marchand
    RW,LW - Bobby Ryan
    C,LW - Gerbe
    C,RW - Little,Gagner (IR)
    C,LW,RW - Jeff Carter
    RW - Gagner(C),Little(C),Carter
    Def - Byfuglien,Johnson,Green,Campbell,Schultz,Garrison
    Goalies - Quick, Pavelec, Thomas

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Someone just dropped Eric Cole...is he worth picking up and stashing....he is listed as both as LW/RW...if so, who would you drop?
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,
    W,GAA,SV%,SHO

LW - Malone,Marchand
    RW,LW - Bobby Ryan
    C,LW - Gerbe
    C,LW,RW - Jeff Carter

Dobber Sports Prodigy

No go on Kovalev/Fleury for Backstrom/Michalek.....
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,
    W,GAA,SV%,SHO

LW - Malone,Marchand
    RW,LW - Bobby Ryan
    C,LW - Gerbe
    C,LW,RW - Jeff Carter

Dobber Sports Prodigy

OK here is where we are...

I have been offered:

Ryan Miller/Timonen for Chara/Kopitar

I think that if I am giving up both, then I need either Ward, Gerber or LeClaire...right?
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,
    W,GAA,SV%,SHO

LW - Malone,Marchand
    RW,LW - Bobby Ryan
    C,LW - Gerbe
    C,LW,RW - Jeff Carter

Dobber Sports Prodigy

He is back to Miller/Timonen for Chara.....won\'t budge on Ward, LeClaire, or Gerber.....

Your thoughts?
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,
    W,GAA,SV%,SHO

LW - Malone,Marchand
    RW,LW - Bobby Ryan
    C,LW - Gerbe
    C,LW,RW - Jeff Carter

Dobber Sports Ninja

The difference between Chara and Timonen isn\'t so much. Chara really only has the advantage of pen mins, Timonen gives us more in all the other categories. We need goaltending in the worst way. In Miller\'s last six games, his GAA is 1.82. Pull the trigger, drop Ellis.

I love Ellis\' numbers, but you\'ll go crazy trying to figure out when he\'s going to get his starts. Harding is also available, he\'s essentially the same guy. By the way, if you hear either Backstrom or Mason is hurt, immediately pick up the back up, drop Bryzgalov. If it happens and you are able to snag the back up, it would make a huge difference.

I\'d still like to try and get one of Lundqvist, Brodeur, Nabokov or Backstrom if possible. Would accept Leclaire, Gerber, Legace, Huet or even Osgood as plan B. How much to offer depends on the team we\'re dealing withs needs. You already know that Lundqvist isn\'t going anywhere, so if you are able to put feelers out to see if the guy is at least willing to talk trade for Nabokov or Backstrom.

Don\'t worry about going over on the games played yet. Injuries will happen and we can revisit when to start playing matchups. Try and put up your best guys as often as they play. You\'ve got a couple of guys in Hossa and Savard that are going to bust out points wise very soon.

Kiprusoff will have to play better for you to have a chance in the goaltending categories.

Thomas is now No.1 in Boston and has a great GAA. Fernandez is on the limp and might even have to have surgery on his knee again, which would put him out for the season. Thomas\' numbers are for real, the Bruins are playing a better team defence this year.

I\'d even take a chance and play Bryzgalov until it looks like the newness has worn off the deal. Phoenix has 3 shutouts with sub-par goaltending. Hopefully Cool Bryz will be ultra-motivated to prove that he is a legit No.1 goalie.

To sum up your goaltending; always start Kiprusoff, Thomas and Miller (if the deal is accepted). For now start Bryzgalov as well and spot start Fleury - avoid the Chicago\'s, Toronto\'s, etc, teams that put up tons of goals. At least until he looks like he\'s turned the corner.

As for Cole, I love the guy, but not sure who I would drop either. If we didn\'t have to carry so many goalies, I\'d dump Bryzgalov, but we\'re trying to patch up some goaltending numbers at the moment.

Mike Richards and Kovalev are sell high guys, but are there any buyers? In the mean time, keep playing them and watch the point totals rise. We\'ll save that for another post!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thank you very much for the thoughtful reply...I will accept his trade and work towards picking up another goalie...I know that Nabokov,Lunqvist,Backstrom,LeClaire, & Gerber are currently unavailable...Let\'s see if I can\'t get Huet,Legace or Osgood...I like the cool Bryz name and maybe he will stay hot for a few starts...Also agree with your comments on Thomas I am originally from Maine and am a B\'s fan, I think the 7 goals against let in against the Habs was a fluke and will ride him for a bit...

I will continue to monitor the waiver wire and see what we can do to bolster the squad...

Onwards and upwards!!
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,
    W,GAA,SV%,SHO

LW - Malone,Marchand
    RW,LW - Bobby Ryan
    C,LW - Gerbe
    C,LW,RW - Jeff Carter

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Interesting News...I just looked and the guy just dropped Milan Michalek...should I pick him up? If so, who do I drop?
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,
    W,GAA,SV%,SHO

LW - Malone,Marchand
    RW,LW - Bobby Ryan
    C,LW - Gerbe
    C,LW,RW - Jeff Carter

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Latest update...

Might have this deal working with Zidlicky...

I give: Kovalev/Fleury

I get: Hasek & Osgood or Hasek or Osgood and one of his players...

Thoughts?

Keeping you busy, huh....not easy being the commissioner!!
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,
    W,GAA,SV%,SHO

LW - Malone,Marchand
    RW,LW - Bobby Ryan
    C,LW - Gerbe
    C,LW,RW - Jeff Carter

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don\'t mind keeping busy on this one, at least you show that you are interested in improving your team.

Forget Michalek for now, just too many guys like him out there (lots of potential to put up good-great numbers)

I\'m kinda droolin\' at the thought of grabbing both of Detroit\'s netminders. I\'d hate to have to choose because I think Hasek could still be fine and the Wings are taking it real easy on him right now because they need him for the playoffs.

That would effectively solve the search for goaltending.

One question I never received an answer on, do you keep players from one year to the next or is this a one year pool? If it\'s a one year pool, pull the trigger if you can on Hasek/Osgood for Fleury/Kovalev.

If the Det G trade goes through, we can drop Bryzgalov for Cole (or Michalek or ???) maybe after the cool Bryz has cooled.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Prodigy

First things first: I accepted the Miller/Timonen for Chara trade...should get league approval and be done in 48 hours..

Open items:

1. This is a one year (thank god) league
    2. I offered Kovalev/Fleury for Osgood & Hasek (keep your fingers crossed)
    3. Still have the Richards/Vanek offer out there for Thorton, but haven\'t heard anything yet...

Will keep you in the loop.

By the way where in Canada are you from?
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,
    W,GAA,SV%,SHO

LW - Malone,Marchand
    RW,LW - Bobby Ryan
    C,LW - Gerbe
    C,LW,RW - Jeff Carter

Dobber Sports Ninja

Trying to turn Richards into Thornton is just a shot in the dark, but Thornton has yet to turn it on and he can really put up points in bunches. Vanek is pressing too hard, he really is a very good hockey player. That +47 last year was because he was on a great team and on a great line. Now that their top two C are gone, it\'s not the same and his +/- won\'t be either. Points wise, Vanek can easily be replaced by free agency. I\'d pay more than Richards/Vanek for Thornton. He\'s likely not available, but is worth the time to inquire.

Grew up in and around Edmonton. Spent 13 years in Ottawa before ending up in Oslo, Norway. I\'ll be back in Canada either this summer or next. Really miss watching hockey on TV. I get some games but they are ugly early in the morning here. Where do you call home?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I have some very close friends who live in Toronto...we try and visit at least once per year...We are currently living in Southern California, big change from New Hampshire and Maine...certainly no pond hockey!!!

But it will be 73 and sunny on Christmas!! Norway must be beautiful....

Would you prefer that I use traditional email to reach you, rather than posting here? Whatever is easier for you? Do you use an IM service, another convenient way to chat...
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,
    W,GAA,SV%,SHO

LW - Malone,Marchand
    RW,LW - Bobby Ryan
    C,LW - Gerbe
    C,LW,RW - Jeff Carter

Dobber Sports Ninja

SoCal!? Love it. Might be easier to go the email route. I feel like sometimes my emails aren\'t making it to their destination and vice versa, so if you haven\'t heard from me in a day, resend. I\'m usually pretty quick to reply. IM is out due to a serious time difference!

With 7 teams in your pool, everyone has top tier talent. I think some patience is required as well. Your best goalie, Kiprusoff has started like crap, but I\'m fairly certain he will turn it around. Not like anyone would give you fair value for him anyway!

In Dobber\'s ramblings today, he said that Vanek had his best game to date. If you can manage to pry Joe Thornton away, don\'t give a second thought to including Vanek in the deal. There are several of those underachieving types out there. And if the guy won\'t deal Thornton, then you\'ve got a player on the upswing.