Thread: Broduer Next Season

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Broduer Next Season

I was wondering what Dobber Nation thinks about Broduer next season. Will the defensive minded Jacques Lemaire retiring effect him at all (more importantly his stats for us fantasy junkies)?

Lets be honest his 45 wins, 2.24 GAA and 0.916 SV% is still tops in the league. But I can't help but wonder is Broduer still ageless or are we beginning to see the sunset on his Hall of Fame career with his recent hiccups in the playoffs and at the Olympics. Please don't get me wrong I love Marty I just wanted to get some opinions.

Any thoughts would be appreciated,
    Cheers!
    Member of OCHA

Dobber Sports Expert

I think that unless you count Playoffs, Brodeur is still a top tier Fantasy Goalie. His stats year in, year out are practically the same.

Dobber Sports Master

He seemed to get hung out to dry quite often down the stretch by his d-corps .

I recall there being many uncharacteristic 4+ goal against games for the Devils down the stretch mixed in with a few defensive gems from days gone by .

maybe this is the year they get Marty a backup they can count on to play 30-35 ?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would say another 40-45 wins is in order. NJ does have to start thinking of resting Marty a bit though. But I would think they need something a little better then Yan Danis, no offence Yan but you just don't appeal to me as a solid NHL goalie..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Magnificent One

yeah i second that zorro. 40-45 wins with his normal stats and 5-8 shutouts. this is NJ and any system they take on they seem to do well on. yes they seem to have the playoffs SJ curse but so be it they are a dominate team in the nhl and always will be as long as brodeur is still in net.

i would like to see frazee get 5-10 games this season and see if he really is the future in NJ.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I don't feel sorry for NJ at all though.. They have won 3 cups in the last 15 years: 1995, 2000, and 2003..

Marty will be Marty..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I don't feel sorry for NJ at all though.. They have won 3 cups in the last 15 years: 1995, 2000, and 2003..

Marty will be Marty..
    yes true, but being a devils fan i would love another cup. espcially one with kovalchuk on it. that would have been sweet maybe he would have gotten a tast for winning and stayed for cheap!!!! but yeah then i woke up.

and I am also along those lines for fantasy hockey. Marty will be Marty. People seem not to want to pay his value in keeper leagues do to age. and that is just fine. I am happy like NJ to leave him on my roster until he retires. He and his stats are welcomed every night!!
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by SPOILER View Post
    I was wondering what Dobber Nation thinks about Broduer next season. Will the defensive minded Jacques Lemaire retiring effect him at all (more importantly his stats for us fantasy junkies)?
    I don't think you have to worry about the Devils changing their style of play just because Jacques Lemaire is retiring. A number of coaches have come and gone since Lemaire introduced the trap in his first run with the Devils and the team has continued to play a defensive-minded game regardless of who was at the helm. There have been some slight variances, but I think a good defensive foundation is a requirement when Lou chooses a bench boss.
    8-Team Keeper League
    Roto Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    Starting roster: 3C, 2LW, 2RW, 2W, 2F, 5D, 2G
    Keepers: Any 6

C: *Marleau, Duchene, Roy, Bergeron
    LW: *D.Sedin, Benn, J.Staal, Gagne, Burrows
    RW: *St.Louis, *Nash, Horton, Doan
    D: Letang, Boyle, Shattenkirk, Seabrook, Montador
    G: *Fleury, *Hiller, Khabibulin, Brodeur, Rask
    IR: Goligoski

Dobber Sports Monster

Marty will still do what Marty does, but father time has to start creeping up at some point....... his age and the amount of games he plays..

As for style I dont see NJ changing their style and if they bring in Hitchcock for sure the style will remain the same..

I trust Marty 100%...but the age and heavy workload is starting to creep into " concern" level for me anyway, most may disagree though

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If they get some help on the blueline, Marty will have another season or three of good fantasy stats. Otherwise time to think about moving him...