Thread: Quick Future as a keeper???

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Quick Future as a keeper???

I was having goalie troubles so I move Doan for Quick last night. Now I have Quick Thomas HUet and Nemi.

We keep 1 goalie and 1 extra which I will keep a goalie. I am going to keep Huet cause he plays for the Hawks and I am thinking of keeping Quick instead of Thomas and moving Thomas.

Do you think Quick will be a good goalie next year? I have avery had track record for goalies. I always keep them after a good year then they are brutal the next year.
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Administrator

Tough decision. What you need to realize is Quick gets wins and LA isn't going to ignore that. If Bernier does come up he'll apprentice under Quick much like Rask did with Thomas this year. I think Quick should be safe to own beyond this year. Goalies who are proven and can win games always find a job. So even if his future isn't in LA he'll have a shot somewhere. The big question is whether or not you believe Thomas has much time left. I'd guess that he'll still be the starter next year but that Rask pushes him even harder.

Tough spot, I'm not sure you lose either way but Quick is the better longterm option so you might be better off going with him.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Sell high! Quick!

I'm not always right and even when I am, it takes a while for the proof to come in, so take this advice with a grain of salt.

Let me share a little experience with you.

Last year, I was looking for a mid-season fix in goal. I went after Scott Clemmensen instead of Jonathan Quick. Yes, I know, big mistake, especially this year as Clemmensen fumbled the ball in Florida. Even last year, Quick came on so strong at the end of last season, the difference between the two was marginal.

The main reason I didn't go after Quick last year, though, was because of Jonathan Bernier. I think Bernier will be their goalie of the future. Quick is playing a ton this year and benefiting from the improved defence under Terry Murray's system, but I don't think he is an elite goalie. He is a good goalie, but I think Bernier will be better.

Can Quick prove me wrong again? Sure, I guess. But if I own Jonathan Quick this year and I'm not in contention, I'm trading him before Jonathan Bernier gets a whiff of the NHL. One thing I do know for sure is that Bernier is playing lights out in the AHL this year and after two years in the minors, will be well motivated this summer and in the fall. I'm sure he's tired of the bus rides.

Despite my concerns about Quick, they pale in comparison to my concerns about Thomas. Definitely keep Quick over Thomas.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks guys. I think I can still get fair value for Thomas right now something that will help me win it this year.
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Quick Future as a keeper???

Completely realize that this is an extremely old thread, but rather than starting a new one I thought I would rekindle the conversation 8 years later. Though I mean no disrespect to my elder forums-men, it seems absolutely absurd, looking back that this conversation would have ever been necessary as Quick is obviously still relevant as it stands today.

I begin the first year of a points only, wins and shutouts only draft this weekend, and have Quick still ranked inside my top 3, with younger, less stable options ranked slightly behind him - Allen, Gibson, Murray.

Should I have this kind of faith in Quick, or is his flame dwindling? Would Allen be a much better and safer option, although I don't pick until 5? Obviously I'll be taking whichever is left, but what if it happens to still be multiple?

Important note - its a goalies only round, so when I say 5, I mean top 5 goalies.

Danke!
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

Dobber Sports Pro

He is only 30, on a defensive team and plays appx 70 games per year with a regular GAA under 2.30 and last year had 40 wins.

There is no reason to suggest he will not be an elite top 5 goalie for the next 5-7 years, goalies are playing much later in their 30s now and Quick is no exception.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Titan

Interesting to look this far back on it. Definitely still have faith in Quick. Even on a down season he's still likely a top 10 fantasy own, and should continue to hover in the 5 range for another couple of years.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Novice

Quick is still a great piece, good numbers, good wins, always the possibility of Shutouts, cant go wrong.
    --- No Name Apple Sauce ---
    11 Team Keeper Daily Lineup
    G,A,+-,DP,PPP,SHP,SOG,HITS,BLKS,PIM,W,SV%,GAA,SHO
    17 Keepers + 3 R Players
    F- C.Perry-M.Duchene-B.Ryan-P.Sharp-A.Steen-M.Lucic-
    R.Strome-O.Palat-M.Hossa-K.Palmieri-J.Virtanen
    D- E.Karlsson-K.Letang-B.Seabrook-TJ.Brodie-T.Krug-
    C.Parayko
    G- C.Crawford-K.Lethonen-C.Pickard

*** My Commish' is a Crook***