Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm sure you must have loved Kelly Hrudey praising the Leafs for rotating Gustavsson and Giggy. Even when MacLean tried to say "shouldn't the Leafs ride him down the stretch", Hrudey shot him down. Something about worrying that by giving him back-to-back starts, Gustavsson might get a big head and sense of entitlement. All I can say is I'm happy Hrudey's not the Canadians goaltending coach.
    12 Team Keeper League, 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 1G, 6 BN, 3 IR
    Keep 20 players
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GA, SV, SO

C: Toews, Skinner, Eller, Hertl, Granlund, Jenner, Lindholm
    LW: Boedker, Galchenyuk, Silfverberg, M. Richards
    RW: Yakupov, Nichushkin, Gaborik, Setoguchi, Niederreiter
    D: Karlsson, Subban, Goligoski, D. Kulikov, Carlson, Brodin, Trouba
    G: Price, Varlamov

The King of Diatribes

MOTHER

****ER

Leafs did it again. It's downright stupid at this point. 4-1 loss to Panthers with Jiggy in net.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GoalieGuild View Post
    MOTHER

****ER

Leafs did it again. It's downright stupid at this point. 4-1 loss to Panthers with Jiggy in net.
    hahaha. i love looking forward to your reactions lately when i see that Giggy got the start.

and just based on highlights, he didn't look all that strong. damn blocking goalies... i would never trust them as a coach.

The King of Diatribes

Too blown away by this series of events I don't even know what to write anymore?

AM I MISSING SOMETHING? I think maybe Wilson is saying, "we like giving him a game of rest because it's working."

Well yeah it's ONLY working because Giguere is not that good. And because Gustavsson is thirsting for more minutes.

That win against the Rangers????

That's a STATEMENT win by Gustavsson. He just beat his self-professed IDOL in an insane game. And why do you think Lundqvist was SOOO pissed after that game?? Dude, he let's in bad goals ALL the time and never had that kind of fury before. But down on the other end is the dude who was with him in the Olympics ... yeah there's a rivalry there of sorts.

And Gustavsson walked away with his seventh straight win.

There have been a lottttt of non-believers out there. Or at least a LOT of skepticism about his long-term potential.

Not me. I have tried to keep everyone fully aware that his biggest issues were one thing - FIXABLE.

And they are being fixed right before your eyes.

He still has a TONNN of work to do, but combined with Phaneuf and Giguere's presence, the kid has even more confidence than before ... and he has continued to make some crazy big saves along the way.

As far as what that work is - one thing would be working on upper body positioning. He's all hunched over. That would really help his whole game, as his pads would seal to the ice better and they would be more square to shots, which would also improve his rebound control.

He should be re-signed for sure.