Thread: Leighton Waived

The King of Diatribes

Default Leighton Waived

Leighton was waived this morning.

What a TERRIBLE decision.

I don't give a flying flip what Leighton's stats look like, he was starting to play much better and was having a hell of a game before he left with that groin injury.

Legace did start to play a little better since he finally removed the rust, but I still regard him as a veteran clinging to a job, similar to Patrick Lalime.

WHY they chose to waive Leighton, a quality prospect that just needs a few more games, as opposed to Legace is beyond me.

Ward is not the type of goalie that needs a veteran presence behind him. He's the type of goalie that needs a young goalie pushing him for starts and bringing some energy and enthusiasm to the crease. Legace seems like he's just trying to survive half the time.

Ward doesn't get pushed to perform well with Legace behind him and Legace is content to just have a bench spot waiting for him.

This is a joke. Not only does Leighton get screwed, but I don't expect him to get picked up, which means Justin Peters becomes the backup in Albany and Mike Murphy, who is excelling as a rookie in the AHL goes where????????????? ECHL??????? WTH!!!!!

Dumb.

Dobber Sports Genius

Any chance the Sens go after him? Or if the Leafs' are smart that would be a smoothmove on their part with all the goalie woes they've been having!Even the Rangers could use Leighton but , not sure he'd fit their cap.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Pro

He could get a shot in Philly.... who knows. I agree it was a dumb move for CAR. Really does not make sense.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Canes seem pretty confident that he won't get picked up.

Actually I think they wouldn't mind too much if he did.

One thing is for sure - he won't goto Philly. Not unless they buyout Emery today.

Sens don't need him for 2 weeks. Not worth a panic move, Rangers... Perhaps. He is on the same Salary as Chad Johnston.

Most teams are pretty happy in net right now and don't need anyone, same reason Biron is going to have trouble finding a home.

Regardless, Legace has no future and is a bad option to keep around. Plus Ward had his best year last year being pushed by Leighton...

Someone told me Rutherford knows what he is doing... but his teams position suggests otherwise.

The King of Diatribes

So crazy to go back and look at this right now.

Great to see Leighton get his chances with the Flyers. He deserves all the accolades he is getting.

Maybe GM's and coaches will start to learn their lessons with these kind of things. Sometimes it's a matter of $$ and that's understandable ... but looking back at when Legace was brought in and Leighton was waived .... yeah ... what a BRUTAL move.

Leighton could be Anderson 2.0 if he signs with the Flyers over the summer! No need to give Emery another chance. That $$ should go to Leighton, where it will actually go to a goalie that actually has an upside. As long as Emery is in the NHL, he will be a HUGE, HUGE question mark / fantasy risk.