Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Top-100 prospects rankings

The King of Diatribes

Okay wow. What took me literally hours just a month ago now takes MINUTES!!!!!!

These will be up for Monday for sure in School of Block! I'll clear up all the AHL goalie movement as well, and it has filtered down and caused for a lot of rankings changes

The King of Diatribes

Okay I am through about 20 updates of 100. I might not get this up right away on Monday but shouldn't be too far beyond that.

A lot of crazy movement with all the free agency and whatnot, mainly at the AHL level.

I think my biggest surprise right now is that after just one year of juniors, Lehner might actually be playing in the AHL. He still has a year of eligibility left.

Also very excited to see Allen graduate to AHL, and of course MARKSTROM.

HAckett graduates so long as Houston doesn't pick up another goalie.

The King of Diatribes

Just so you are caught up, I am now through 55 of the 100 updates. Hoping for late tonight or early Tuesday to be finished and posted. Considerable changes in the 90-100 spots. Stay tuned!

The King of Diatribes

75 of 100 completed!!! Yesss.

P-Bruins just signed Nolan Schaefer, the journeyman who played a few games w/ the Sharks and spent last season in Russia. That means 3 goalies are fighting for #2 spot, with Courchaine, Hutchinson and Dalton.

Sounds like Hutchinson might take advantage of his overage season in OHL, or he will win the #2 spot and Dalton, Courchaine end up in ECHL.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

What's taking you so long?.....LOL. Just kidding....really just looking forward to reading it.
    BFHL - 2013 Champion, 2012 Champion, 2011 7th Place, 2010 Champion
    AHL - 2013 8th Place

The King of Diatribes

Just for that, I'm totally going to sit around the rest of the night and play Red Dead Redemption........................................ .

oh wait.

HA!

But seriously, I am inching towards 85 total!

MacLiii

Default Lehtonen/ O. Roy

Hi Justin,

I tried to pry O. Roy and the owner countered with Kari Lehtonen. Is he actually going to stay healthy enough to take become the star I thought he was going to become with the Stars this season?

The King of Diatribes

If there's any season to expect great healthy things from Kari Lehtonen, THIS IS THE SEASON. Why? Mike Valley.

The King of Diatribes

SHAAZAM =)

http://www.thegoalieguild.com/?page_id=2525

Enjoy people! Working on a post to explain some of the changes. This was a pretty smooth updating process (first time doing it with new format) but I lost all of the links on the goalies' first name =/ Oh well, that was really the only setback I had. But this month I was able to find more links for more goalies so that should compensate for it a little bit.

Let the questions comments and stuff rip!

Administrator

K well right off the bat I have to know what was most important in Campbell getting the huge boost. Was it the mere fact that he was drafted or was his draft destination more important?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The King of Diatribes

Draft destination, decision to go play juniors instead of NCAA, his attitude, and Mike Valley. All of those things clearly put him in the Top-10. He's going to be really good LOL. I spend a lot of time talking to Valley and he tells me things in confidence that I don't publish anywhere. Campbell is everything you want in a long-term keeper and more.

Administrator

Okay, awesome, I just didn't want it to be the mere fact that he was finally drafted that gave him the heaviest boost, I have major qualms with that being a heavily weighted factor. Thanks Justin!

The King of Diatribes

The only place you will see "Drafted" goalies take over spots in the rankings is very low. You'll notice a lot of the 2010 drafted goalies are in the low-80's and 90's while guys like Gelinas, Parks, Delmas, Missiaen, etc are no longer on the list. That's where being drafted makes a difference, mainly because they receive a huge boost in reputation around the league. There will be fewer undrafted junior and college goalies on the list because it's extremely hard to get signed once you have been passed up in the draft a few years.

Administrator

Awesome, that's exactly where I'd expect that to have the biggest impact is low down the list. My opinion of this list just went up another notch.

The King of Diatribes

The most important thing to remember about this list is that it's very fluid. It's updated every month, so goalies will rise and fall and their value will fluctuate by what they do or what happens to them over the previous month. Delmas was once ranked in the 30's and 40's, remember???? Then as soon as Colorado chose not to retain him, he just shot down and is now no longer on the list.

That may be perceived as me not knowing WTF I'm talking about, but that is not the case at all. It is more that goalies have a certain value and it can be crushed or rejuvinated at the drop of the hat. I work hard to keep notes on all of these goalies and every month I think the list gets more and more refined and gives fantasy managers a better idea of which long-term keepers should be owned.

Shit happens to good goalies all the time, the key is to know how severely those shitty moments or decisions truly hurt their value. And when good things happen, how much does it really boost their value.

Also since goalies move up and goalies move down, the amount of movement is impacted by goalies around them. It's a little chaotic but now that I've been doing this close to a year, I've got a very good grip on it and I am extremely confident in what it reflects to fantasy managers everywhere. I am proud of it and hope it helps a lot of managers out there!

If something doesn't make sense or you don't agree with it, just ask. There's a method to my madness =). And I am always willing and open to taking things into consideration.