Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Top-100 prospects rankings

The King of Diatribes

Antonio Mastropietro, people. Antonio. Mastropietro. Book it sonnn!!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sweet deal. We all appreciate and I for one and am really looking forward this month. Should be done by tonight?
    15 Team Keeper (Y Roto Points, Daily Changes but only one waiver pick up per month)
    20 Players (Keep 10) Dress 8 F, 5 D, 1 Utility and 2 G
    Stats: G, A, P, PPP, Shots, SHP, Hits, PIM, +/- W, GAA, SV%, Saves, SO

Forwards Huberdeau, Svechnikov, Monahan, Cirelli, Suzuki, Backlund, Atkinson, J. Anderson, Hyman, Hayton, Dach & Byfield

Defensemen
    Rielly, Ekblad, Yandle, Giordano, Ekholm & Hanifin

Goalies
    Markstrom & Koskinen

The King of Diatribes

It's literally 99% done. I am just digging for more gold, trying to add more links for more goalies. I just found that Juha Toivonen has gone back to Finland to play in Mestis instead of staying in the Central Hockey League, so he will get more playing time and the Isles still own his rights. Had to tweak his ranking a little bit.

And I've gone right over the edge with Tyler Weiman ordeal. Now I'm seeing rumors on Swedish websites saying he's looking to sign on with Leksand. I'm going to tear my eyes out and feed them to the birds. I can't handle this anymore.

The King of Diatribes

Banned

Woo Lehner's moving on up!

The King of Diatribes

With the new format of Top-100, I can now very easily go in and update links on the fly.

If you look over the next few weeks at the chart, you'll see "LINK" and then you'll see more and more with " *LINK* " those are updated with new links/info

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=531233

There's an awesome profile on Chad Johnson.

Things to take from it:

Took advantage of rare opportunity in training camp
    Played well in limited opportunities in pre-season
    Positive attitude in all areas, embraces opportunities
    Organization loves his cool, calm demeanor
    Represented Team Canada when least expected to

Many, many more ... but basically you'd have to think he's making a statement to be Lundy's backup next year. It would be a great move, because you don't want stuff like this coming out and then have the Rangers take a step back in his development by not rewarding his season. If they bring in a veteran free-agent, he's not really being rewarded. I think he's deserved the right to fight for the job in Training Camp and win it.

MacLiii

Default Pogge and Modig

Hi Justin,

I love all of your articles and this Top 100 is the best thing I've seen for goaltender evaluations. At the beginning of last season, I took over a team in a league that has a main roster and farm team. That team was quite old. My main team's goalies were Thomas And Kipper. When I realized I needed to rebuild, I traded Kipper in a deal to get Price and some forward and Defensive talent. My concern is that my only two farm goalies are Pogge and Modig and my knowledge of teams and goaltenders makes me worry that both of them will be NHL back ups at best and that may take a few years. Is that a fair assessment of them? I am only allowed 15 spots on my farm team and don't want to waste space. Most of the top end goalie prospect talent is already scooped up; such as Markstrom, Enroth, Schneider (who I actually coached for a few years), Bernier, Matt Hackett, Allen, Neuvirth Bachman, Peters, Eriksson, Lehner, Pickard. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The King of Diatribes

MacLiii,

Hey thanks for the ?

If you can check out the Top-100 and let me know which goalies in like the Top-25 are still available in your league, I can give you a little better idea of who to go for.

Unless Modig comes over and really impresses in training camp, I don't see much starter upside to him right now. But that has to be taken with a grain of salt because his fantasy value is tentative right now. If he does well in camp, he will gain a lot of confidence and probably perform well enough to garner some more opportunities.

With Peters graduating, it's obvious that Pogge will get plenty of starts in the AHL but it will be a few more years before he's getting more than an emergency call-up to the NHL. So I would consider Pogge and Modig to have very similar fantasy value as far as that is concerned. I'd take Pogge over Modig as far as experience goes in North America but Modig could adjust very quickly and with that boost of confidence turn into a pretty good goalie.

I'll need to know what other prospects are available in the pool. I'm sure there's a sleeper or two in there somewhere. Otherwise I'd look at packaging Thomas and someone else for some kind of decent NHL goalie / prospect. Is Tokarski taken?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Get Stalock and Eriksson!
    GO WINGS!

MacLiii

Default Farm Team Goalie Help

Thanks again for the response Justin. Sorry it took so long, but it took me awhile to figure out who was available with 99 total goalies on the 16 teams in the leagues. Here is who is still available from your top 50.

Alex Stalock, Jack Campbell, Mark Cheverie, Mike McKenna, Jussi Rynnas, Timo Pielmeier, Cedrick Desjardins, Peter Manning, Riku Helenius, Brandon Maxwell, Gustav Wesslau, Atte Engren, Tyler Weiman, Henrik Karlsson, Kevin Poulin, Calvin Pickard, Mark Dekanich and John Curry.

I am psyched that Halak was traded as this now makes Price much more valuable on my team. Now I just have to figure what I can get for Thomas, if anything.

The King of Diatribes

Tonsss of good ones on there.

For the long term high-upside gains, which come with a little more risk, go with Campbell, Calvin Pickard, Cheverie, Engren, Pielmeier, Poulin and maybe Maxwell (prolly not with Colorado though).

For the short term gains, which comes with less risk and therefore better chances of also becoming long-term keepers, go with Stalock (he's special), Rynnas, Karlsson. The others are a little lower on the skill totem poll and probably won't get as many opportunities as the ones I listed above.

Giant X-factor, Mr. Wesslau, is like my #1 goalie to watch. Just know I think he's going to be otherworldly good.

The King of Diatribes

Target for the new update will be ~July 5th so I can let the free agency frenzy settle down. Just a heads up!

MacLiii

Default Olivier Roy

Hi Justin,

I know we've been going back and forth about goalies. I just had an owner in my league ask me about Nemisz from CGY. He has Olivier Roy on his farm team. Is he worth going after? (consider that I have Pogge and Modig on my farm and will be going after at least one of the people we talked about earlier.

The King of Diatribes

Hey man.

I think since there is a lot of momentum with the whole "JDD or DD is leaving" in the Edmonton camp, now might be a nice chance to snag Roy while his value is low. If it is JDD that leaves, that's HUGE for Roy. If DD leaves, it still helps Roy, but not as much.

I'd go for it!

The King of Diatribes

Took the morning to pour through some updates. If I'm really lucky I'll have little issue with the first round of updates on the new format. Let's see how it goes and if it's smooth then I should have it up on Monday for School of Block. Gotta sort through the madness of free agency before getting back to The Current State

Wesslau, Visentin, Pogge, Peters, Bachman some of the risers
    Stajcer, Curry, Irving, Lalande some of the fallers