Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Top-100 prospects rankings

The King of Diatribes

1. I have been an advocate of Neuvirth over Varlamov since the beginning. Here is why:
    http://www.thegoalieguild.com/?p=736 School of Block "The Great Deceiver"

2. I think Rask vs. Nabokov is splitting hairs. One is a vet, one is a young stud. By "as a keeper" did you mean in a keeper league or as a goalie in a one-year league? Sorry I just wanted to make sure. I think a lot of questions surround Nabokov and it doesn't look like he's getting out of this round, so his tenure in San Jose is questionable. On the other hand, Rask is clearly going to play at least 50-55 games next season. So if you had to draft/choose today, I'd take Rask in a one-year league...and in a keeper.

3. In order I would go Rask, Bernier, Markstrom, Neuvirth and then Varlamov. That should align with my Top-100 Fantasy Prospect Rankings. Rask graduated back in February I believe and he graduated at the #1 spot so he was touted as my #1 fantasy prospect for the entire season....and even before he played his first NHL game I was raving him as the best prospect out there.

4. Bernier will be on the Kings next season. Markstrom is still 2 years away...hopefully he plays in North America next season, but it is still unsure where he's going to play! But definitely I expect Bernier to beat out Ersberg in camp and probably out-perform Quick as well but Quick will retain the starting title until he loses it....or Bernier wins it.

The King of Diatribes

Jake Allen wins CHL Goalie of the Year Award today. Good to see him grab the award amidst all of his trade and WJC madness. Lots of people might think the hype is more than the talent, but when you have "tough" seasons or "tough" stretches where you have to deal with drama on big stages, negatives are trumped due to the experience you gain.

That which does not kill him only makes him stronger. Good season for him. Legitimately in the Top-20 through the summer.

The King of Diatribes

LINDBACK SIGNS A NEW ENTRY LEVEL DEAL!!!! YESsssssss. There's a reason he's where he is on the Top-100. Keep a close eye on him. He is good.

The King of Diatribes

Avs choose not to re-sign Peter Delmas.
    FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The King of Diatribes

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle7209868.ab

Markstrom signs with the Panthers.

I have no clue if this has been officially announced by ANYONE, but I stumbled across it while researching other SEL goalies ... maybe it's just damn good timing

THE GUILD GIVES YOU THE SCOOP BEFORE ANYONE ELSE LOLOL jk

The King of Diatribes

I am EXCITED for the new update. Through May, 2010.

You will now be able to click a button right above the top of the list and download it into different formats

Dynamic tables!!! Gah. Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

The King of Diatribes

Cory Schneider re-signed this morning.

Do people really think the Canucks are going to trade him?

He's exactly what they need, other than removing the "C" from Luongo. They need someone to start pushing him a little bit.

And if you want to get two birds stoned at once, play Schneider more than a game or two early in the season ... put a little buzz/hype in the atmosphere up there and make sure the whole world know that Luongo isn't the only one that can win a game in a Canucks uni.

It will keep him from getting complacent and more importantly, exhausted.

Schneider needs/should play 20-25 games. Then the juicy trade offers will start to come along. But to re-sign him, not play him and expect GM's to go out of their way to trade for him doesn't make a lot of sense.

This is an AWESOME off-season for us goalie prospect lovers.....potential graduates:

SCHNEIDER
    WEIMAN
    DESJARDINS
    TOKARSKI
    ENROTH
    CLIMIE/KRAHN/BACHMAN

There's probably more but that's just off the top of my head!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Looking very forward to the May Edition!

It's not completed yet right?
    15 Team Keeper (Y Roto Points, Daily Changes but only one waiver pick up per month)
    20 Players (Keep 10) Dress 8 F, 5 D, 1 Utility and 2 G
    Stats: G, A, P, PPP, Shots, SHP, Hits, PIM, +/- W, GAA, SV%, Saves, SO

Forwards Huberdeau, Svechnikov, Monahan, Cirelli, Suzuki, Backlund, Atkinson, J. Anderson, Hyman, Hayton, Dach & Byfield

Defensemen
    Rielly, Ekblad, Yandle, Giordano, Ekholm & Hanifin

Goalies
    Markstrom & Koskinen

The King of Diatribes

I am more than 50% through it =)

I have to re-do the whole thing because I am transferring from the old Google Docs display to the new Dynamic Tables display, so it has been pretty tedious process. Plus there are a lot of notes to pour through since I took May off due to Quest for the Crown.

Seriously...taking a month off from keeping up to date on all these prospects is KILLER. It's a lot of fun, but my lord this is getting intense.

But once it's all uploaded, it will be sooo worth it. I think everyone will love being able to sort goalies by things like their last name, their last month's rank, and I even have a new column for "change" so how many spots they've gone up or down. All sortable either highest to lowest or lowest to highest.

So thanks for being patient everyone but like I always say, I'd rather miss a self-imposed "deadline" and have the work be more quality then churn a bunch of stuff out that I'm not 100% confident with. I've always been like this since Day 1 and I know you all appreciate it =).

I'm sure I'll have everything uploaded by Friday at the absolute latest. I'll be working on a lot of it tonight and update everyone before I pass out or when I wake up in the morning =)

Dobber Sports Giant

Can't wait top see the updated list and the new format too!

Thanks again for your hard work on this and what you did for the prospect guide!

The King of Diatribes

Markstrom stuff I found...

"We don't want to rush him," Tallon said. "We want to make sure he's ready. There's nothing wrong with him playing some games in the American League. We went through the same situation in Chicago with [Antti] Niemi. He played in the American League and look what's happened there."

Tallon+Markstrom=AHL for at least 1-2 seasons. See Bernier. They won't trade Vokoun and they probably won't trade Clemmensen. Markstrom and Salak will play in the AHL and then you'll have Plante and Cheverie in the ECHL. That's just what I expect it to be if no trades or free agents come along over the summer!

The King of Diatribes

I made lots of progress last night but there's a little back-end issue that is not allowing the columns to be sorted by the entire #'s value, only by individual numbers ARGGGGGGGGH. I don't know if I'll get this fixed right away, as it is a little above my knowledge of coding.

But either way, expect everything to be done and FINALLY uploaded, the whole kit and kaboodle, before Game 4.

TONS of awesome updates and changes though. Rynnas and Wesslau are obviously two of the biggest risers ... well Wesslau wasn't even on the Top-100 back in April so he's nestled nicely in the Top-50. Same with Rynnas.

The King of Diatribes

Oh yeah and another addition to the new look Top-100 is sources. So next to each goalie's last name, their first name is linked to their main player page for easy access to their main and recent stats.

In the "updates" field, I'll be giving more insight by including a link to the main source of information for that update. So maybe out of the 100 "updates" you'll see 50 "LINK" at the end of them where you can pull up the latest viable and accurate story on that goalie.

Which means you won't be seeing any links going to Bleacher Report LOL. Brutal.

The King of Diatribes

As for my progress, well, the rankings are finished, but now I have to go through and make some changes with this brutal re-signing of PETER BUDAJ. Poor Tyler Weiman. =/

Then I am through 20 of the 100 updates. That's basically the last step. Once all the updates are completed, I'll proof everything and publish it. Tomorrow before Game 4 is what I'm working towards!

Hopefully no more brutal distractions come up like this one with Budaj. My **** it's frustratinggggggg.

The King of Diatribes

Today's the day, folks. Apologies for stringing everyone along. It was a much more tedious process than I expected. But again the time put into it is well worth it.