Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Top-100 prospects rankings

Dobber Sports Guru

hmm, i was getting excited for a bit there but i suppose you're right. not much chance he goes straight to NHL, is there?

The King of Diatribes

UHHHHHHHH.

Karlsson has been recalled by the sharks?????? That is what J Mirtle said on twitter.

let me see if i can find anything. I love this guy. #41 on Top-100. But WTF is being recalled for!?!?

Actually john grahame practiced with the Avs today, not Weiman. ... probably a similar situation for the Sharks .... doubt it's an injury.

Karlsson was going to come over anyways. We may have a winnerrrr haha. #41 ... and a perfect age to come over to North America.

He trumps Sexsmith that's for sure. Probably be in AHL with Stalock for next season. Win.

The King of Diatribes

Do a simple Google Translation of this link:

http://www.vf.se/Sport/Varmland/Henk...ag-100409.aspx

Nothing injury related and nothing more than Sharks wanting to take a closer look at him. They probably lost out on the Rynnas bidding and figure they can get the same kind of depth with Karlsson.

I love when this stuff happens EURO GOALIES ARE MY FRIKKEN FAVORITE.

Rynnas is going to be really good. I wonder who gets him.

Every month the Prospects Rankings gets more and more refined and seems more accurate. Does anyone else notice this??

The King of Diatribes

IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another goalie recently or just added to the Top-100 Prospects Rankings GETS SIGNED.

Ben Scrivens signed a deal with Toronto today. He just eclipsed the Top-100 for the first time in the latest updates (Through March) and I believe sits at 92 or 94.

This is getting crazy. GLORIOUS PROSPECT PICKING!

Dobber Sports Guru

haha, you're owning this niche JG.

all these goalie signings are making it extremely difficult to pick the winners though.

The King of Diatribes

Harri Sateri signed a new contract with the Sharks today. Will probably go unnoticed, but there's a clause in the deal that would allow Sateri to stay in Finland and finish his contract obligations with Tappara.

I would fully expect Sateri to stay in Finland for one more season, as the Sharks have no sense of urgency to bring him over this summer. Especially since Karlsson was signed about a month ago, I would not be surprised to see Sateri finish up his contract within the SM-Liiga and then come over next summer.

Good prospect, was not really moving up in the Rankings, but with this signing, he will surely move up a few spots at the end of this month =)

The King of Diatribes

I am almost finished with all 50 prospect reports for Dobber's Fantasy Prospect Guide, which means I will soon be making the first round of updates for my Top-100 Prospects Rankings. Since I didn't do one at the end of April because of Quest for the Crown, this will take me a little longer than usual. But by starting earlier than usual, I shouldn't have any problem getting this round done by June 2nd or 3rd.

Plus it will be laid out a little differently with dynamic columns!! Should save me a lot of time while also making the charts look way nicer and more useful. WIN.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

You = awesome
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Giant

Nice! Thanks as always!

The King of Diatribes

Larsson must not have liked the Red Wings' offer ..... he's headed back to Sweden!!!!

Ed Pasquale and Chris Carrozzi signed with Atlanta ... they were both drafted last summer if I'm not mistaken.

Banned

I can really see the Blues drafting Jack Campbell at #14. They have enough offensive and defensive prospects, but their best goalie prospect is Jake Allen.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Think he'll last that long? I was under the impression that he's likely to end up in the top 10
    GO WINGS!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Think he'll last that long? I was under the impression that he's likely to end up in the top 10
    I think there's too many good forwards and D to pass up in the Top 10. Most of the teams in the Top 10 either already have solid goaltending depth or are picking too high to grab Campbell.

The King of Diatribes

Jack Campbell is the big X-factor in the first round because he's the only goalie worthy of being taken earlier than most others .... so he could go anywhere from 10 to 20. I doubt he makes it past the 15th pick.

I personally have no idea where he will end up. A lot of teams are going to learn about him later than some others. I think the Avalanche might have an eye on him, but he won't be available past 15 ... so somebody is going to take him, and whoever that is, will strike gold.

St. Louis would be good, but I could never really predict where a legit prospect undergoes such a spike in value. He has shot through the roof. Around the time he was stepping up in the World Juniors, it was considered that he and Calvin Pickard were neck-and-neck and that Pickard would be chosen first....but not until very late in the first round or possibly even the 2nd.

Now they are both going to get taken in the first round I bet.

Dobber Sports Novice

Justin, some private questions, if you can help... )
    Do you like Neuvirth over Varlamov like Angus? Why?
    Do you like Rask over Nabokov as a keeper (Wins, Saves, GA (negative), SO)?
    How will you rank Bernier, Markstrom, Neuvirth, Varlamov, Rask as keepers?
    What will be the year Bernier and Markstrom contribute?