Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Top-100 prospects rankings

Dobber Sports Giant

Thanks for this new update! Lots of interesting stuff to keep in mind...

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Sharks prospect Sateri

Justin,

Noticed that Harri Sateri is no longer in your list. He was there earlier this season. Any reason why he's dropped? I was a bit surprised because he's taken over the No. 1 job with Tappara this season.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe

The King of Diatribes

He is on there =) He went up from #47 to #44 as I have learned that the volume of games and shots he's facing is helping to improve his glove hand.

The King of Diatribes

Woooo I had to go back and double-check that.

THAT freaked me out, LOLOL. Hopefully he is showing up as #44 on your end.

Dobber Sports Ace

Cool, thanks. Can't believe I missed him. My mistake. I read through it, then even tried a control-F to find his name. Thought it might have been the old missing umlaut, but no, it just didn't work. He has struggled with consistency this season, but overall is playing better than last year. He's been the No. 1 guy and is playing against all the top teams unlike last year when he didn't get the top job until the end of the season and relegation.

When he's on though, he's been very good. If he can smooth out the glove a little more and iron out the rough patches, I like his chances -- but I'm a little biased.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe

Dobber Sports Ace

I haven't followed your work too closely, just skimmed your articles mostly, but you definately know your stuff (I don't think I've ever seen someone disect fantasy goaltending the way you do) and now that you've got good presentation to go along with your in depth reports, I'll be watching closer

Keep up the great work.
    Weekly H2H
    G / A / P / +- / PowerPlayPoints / Shots / Goalie Wins / GAA / Save%

The King of Diatribes

Thank you for the kind words!!

*Noticed a small mistake in the rankings.

I had Jason Missiaen listed as property of Toronto. It has been fixed, as he is property of Montreal.

http://www.thegoalieguild.com/?page_id=2525

Dobber Sports Guru

damn, i'm amazed how deep the system of San Jose is (7 guys on your list!!).

The King of Diatribes

I wonder if part of the reason for that is because their goalie coach is also part of upper management. Not sure if that would lead to the organization controlling more goalie prospects, but there might be a connection there.

Also I see a lot of rumors flying around on Twitter about Jussi Rynnas gaining interest from the Flyers. That would be hilarious, as he was a total unknown like 3-4 months ago. Popped up on my Top-100 2 months ago and now might get signed.

The King of Diatribes

Alrighhhhhhhhttt time to start on updates for April!

Let's see what fate has in store for the new rankings!

The King of Diatribes

Okay boys I'm rocking through these updates will definitely have them up by tomorrow!

Some good resources and updates I've found

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=523613

Just gotta love what's going on with both ENGREN and LINDBACK. Remember, even though Lindback is higher up in my rankings, I have to say that Engren excites me more as being a much more potent prospect...so you'll see the gap shrink between the two as the months go along...but those guys excite me a lot and they continue to rise.

Mitch Korn just might be the best goalie coach when it comes to taking raw European talent and making then NHL-ready.

http://predators.nhl.tv/team/console...d=739&id=44839

This video is from back in September but it shows you good video of Korn working with Pickard, Smith, Engren and Lindback.

The King of Diatribes

Niceeeeeeeee things are looking good. Should have this up maybe even before midnight tonight!

Juha Toivonen came in relief for Joel Martin in the first round of CHL playoffs (central) and has won 3 straight games to salvage a 3-2 series lead for Odessa. Kid is showing some big-save ability in a league that was supposedly way too talented for him at his age.

Johan Gustafsson has cracked the Top-100. Pretty sure he'll be drafted this summer. If not he might be signed as a free agent. The Jussi Rynnas hype continues to build ... crazy how I can spot some of these suckers right at the time they start getting popular or a buzz starts to build. Same exact thing happened with Jonas Gustavsson.

Varlamov started his 25th career game on April 3rd I believe, but I left him in there since I actually got to his update before that game. It would have been pure terror trying to go back and take him out again.

The King of Diatribes

BOOOOM!

http://www.thegoalieguild.com/?page_id=2525

Done and done, boys! Enjoy!!!! Now to finish the Current state of Wild Goaltending!

Dobber Sports Giant

Thanks for the update Justin!

The King of Diatribes

Karlsson signed with San Jose.

Looks like he might head overseas this summer.

Good move by the Sharks. I wonder if he will trump Sexsmith and end up behind Stalock next year in the AHL. That would be a perfect fit for him.