Thread: Too play or not?

The Magnificent One

Default Too play or not?

So the deal is for some reason my team is just not doing well. slow starts/injuries but last week i came up with a 7-1-3 win in h2h and this week im building on a 9-0 start to the week. i need a big big win this week. i usually always play my goalies througout the week but now i have the issue to play or not?

my opponent this week has turco and giguere in net. giguere most likely hurt wont get any playing time this week. which leaves turco (3 games this week - one back to back). I figure turco gets 2 starts and has been playing well.

we have 4 goalie stats: w,GAA,SV%,SHO and only have a min games of 2.

with a great first game by lundqvist and a sho from anderson last night i look to be pretty set at taking the goalie stats this week. however i am nervous with turco's play as of late. if he gets both wins then i lose the wins stat. and again i know its one stat but he could pull in a shutout so who knows.

anyway tonight i have:
    Lundqvist vs NYI
    Brodeur vs BUF
    Anderson vs Cal
    Kipper vs COL

We only play 2.
    do I:
    1) go with my gut and play my top 2 lundqvist and brodeur and hope for great games as they should give me
    2) play anderson/kipper and get a sure win but maybe take a hit on the other stats?
    3) play some combo of 2?
    4) SIT ALL GOALIES AND HOPE TURCO GETS DESTROYED - securing the win for sure?

i have other nights this week to play my goalies but wondering what the best plan to do is here. play it now as some have easier matchups or sit them and see how turco turns out tonight then play my goalies later in the week if need be?

well thanxs and sorry for the long post but just laying out everything so you can give me an informed answer.. thanxs again.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Administrator

If you've got those categories locked in pretty well I'd probably just sit on them. Playing the odds, you at worst split the two categories. If Turco plays well you can always toss your goalies out there later in the week. It's still so early in the year that you don't need to take chances to try to earn an extra point or two. You just want to sit back and make the safe choice securing yourself at least some points.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd play Brodeur and Lundy... it's early in the week and I don't know if you should be sitting on your stats yet... plus they are 2 of the best goalies in the game. Lundy is playing the 2nd worst team in the league and Brodeur has done well against Buffalo in the past. I'd start them.

The Magnificent One

bump.. anyone else have thoughts ideas. got 2 and they are split ouch harder to make a choice..
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi