Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Got a Question for Me? (Part 2)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

hey dobber

I was wondering who you have in mind for "second half performers"

Do you have a couple of players (not Eric Staal types) but people probably on the waiver wire that you think may rip it up for the final half of the season? Thanks

Dobber Sports Prodigy

maybe comment on the pace of Kopitar..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Mike Richards hit on David Booth
    For some reason this hit in particular is getting a lot more attention than the usual suspects, like Rutuu's on Tucker. Maybe because it is two higher caliber players involved, one not only being a star player, but a captain as well. Maybe it's the fact that the NHL said they want to reduce the amount of hits to the head earlier this season. My prime example is the suspension of Kozlov for the hit on Gomez for something that looked almost accidental when compared to the Richards hit. You can argue the arm extension by Kozlov is intent (not to injure but simply of boarding/hitting from behind), to push Gomez when in a vulnerable position, but 3 games?! Come on! I'm a Habs fan all the way, but I'm a hockey fan first. Richards may be a stellar player, a Captain, young, etc, etc, but how does this make any sense when other 1st timers are getting suspended for less, for 3 games! If his hit was to the chest and Booth fell to his head i would agree with the ruling by the league, just like Robidas' hit earlier this year on Dumont which put him out for 2weeks. Richards' hit was the only CLEAR HEAD SHOT, with by far the most devastating result of any hit i've seen in a few years, (honnestly reminds me of Steve Moore). For him to get away with no consequence is a huge mistake by the NHL, as my friend pointed out star players get away with anything, just like Ovechkin got a slap on the wrist for a slue foot where as another player was suspended 3 games for the exact same thing. BE CONSISTENT! PLEASE! Fans have a hard enough time with refs missing calls, be it offside, pucks in the netting, gloving the puck in the crease and penalties. When the NHL has the chance to review a play, please take the time to come to the right and fair decision.
    Last edited by TangerineDreamTeam; October 26, 2009 at 6:56 AM.
    10 Team Keeper, NO POSITIONS, POINTS ONLY Keep 20
    D. Sedin, Spezza, Hossa, Eriksson, Iginla, Hodgson, Sharp, Statsny, Bergeron, Pavelski, Letang, Brown, Berglund, Read, Turris, Filppula, Kreider, Palmieri, Schwartz, Baertschi

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Dobber Nation - out this Monday. I will be on the show this month. Any topics for myself and Andrew to discuss? Post them here. We nailed many of the questions last time I was on, so don't be shy!
    Here are Niclas Backstrums f or Washington Stats for the week.

-3 +/-, 0.57 SHTOI, 7 SOG, 46 Shfts, 46.29 TOI

He has got to do more.
    While the coach put him back with OVe for even strength and not just PP

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Team Goaltending in my league

I currently have Pittsburgh and Columbus as my goaltending teams in my CBS sports hockey league. I'm thinking of dropping Columbus for Colorado. Your advice would be appreciated.
    10 team non keeper H2H league
    Categories: All skaters: G,A,STG,STA,PTS,+/-
    Defense have two additional categories:Goals,Assists
    Team Goalies: Wins,Losses, SAVES,Goals Against
    Rosters: 3,centers,3 wings,2 defense, 2 team goalies and 3 bench

Centers: Stamkos,Ribiero,Grabovski
    Wings: D.Sedin,Perry,Jokinen,Grabner,Penner
    Defense: Doughty,letang,Wisniewski
    Goalies: Vancouver and Nashville

IR: Datsyuk

Dobber Sports Legend

Will Del Zotto score 50 points as a rook this season?
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka