Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Got a question for me?

I...am your father.

Default Got a question for me?

Rather than come up with our own topics to discuss on Dobber Nation, I thought we'd throw it out to you guys.

What do you want my opinion on? Ask it here and Walker and I will discuss some of the good ones on Dobber Nation.

Fire away!

Show is out on Friday. Thanks!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Which 2nd year players do you see as experiencing the sophmore slumps like Gagner and Mueller experienced last season? Who are the top candidates for sophmore slumps this season?

Dobber Sports Initiate

how about an update on your confidence in your Varlamov Prediction?
    Mooseheads: 14 team H2H (CBS)
    +/-,G,A,DG,DA,PIM,PPP,GWG,GAA,SPct,W,
    Dress 8F,4D,2Gweekly,roster22,3Gmax
    F:Benn,Tavares,Backstrom,Galchenyuk,O'Reilly,Kuche rov,E.Kane,Radulov,N.Foligno,T.Ennis,Lee,Hartman,T ,Johnson
    D:Weber,Burns,Werenski,Vlasic,Theodore,Severson
    G:Bishop,Fleury,Mrazek

Dobber Sports Stud

Since angus mentioned 2nd year players. Will S.Mason get the sophomore slump like Price?

Dobber Sports Icon

How do you feel about the Coyotes' young players and how they will develop amidst all this BS with the team? Specifically Boedker, Turris, Hanzal & Yandle.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

How can you tell the difference between a player who's "hot", and a player who's "breaking out". Inside tips on how to differentiate the two, taking advantage of trading "hot" players at the right time .vs. trading away future stars and kicking yourself for it to the grave.
    Think like a man of action, and act like a man of thought.

Banned

the season is about to kick off, how bout the straight dope on the injuries and interpretation thereof.

For example Getz is said to be 'progressing with his return to the lineup'..wtf does that mean? a week? 2 weeks? a month? sports hernias can be lingering

Pikanen underwent 'minor' knee surgery...is there even such a thing? Sounds like a couple months to me

Elias has 'hip/groin' issues...supposed to be out till mid-Oct, is this one of those injuries that never puts him out of commission but never lets him play 100 or even 80%?

Ditto on Gagne

etc etc

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Coaching has a big effect on team production, we've seen that with many coaches over the years, prime example is Hitchcock in CLB. What effect will Clouston have on the Ottawa fantasty impact players? Is he one to award players playing hard with more TOI? Heatley lost time last season, is that a sign? When Kovalev slumps, is bench time awarded or will he try and play him more to kick the bug?

I'm from Ottawa and am interested in your take as Clouston is still new, and this being his first full season with this dressing room prima donna team! :-)

Thanks Lads!
    Keeper, Yahoo, 10 teams, Roto
    F)Ovechkin, Heatley, Getzlaf, Nash, Backstrom, Giroux, Stamkos, Frolik, Stastny, Carter, Marleau, Stewart, Hornquist, Radulov
    D) Kaberle, Kronwall, , Visnovsky, Goligoski, Stralman, Hedman, JML
    G)Ward, S. Mason, Nabokov, Anderson

Dobber Sports Stud

Default 3rd year defensemen

which 3rd year defensemen do you see as being in optimum position to have a break out season.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Berglund/Perron/Oshie or Brassard/Voracek/Filatov - which trio do you think performs better this year?

Dobber Sports Novice

Bobby Ryan or Devon Setoguchi - who has the bigger year?

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm really curious about the Rob Schremp situation. With Comrie signed, I assume Schremp's chances of hitting waivers goes up, right? And then with Okposo's concussion, are the Isles more likely now than they were before to take a chance on him? I wonder if playing in Long Island would be a good thing for him or not and if it's even realistic at this point, or not?
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Newbie

I have the 4th pick in a 16 team yahoo roto league that tracks, G, A, PPP, SOG, +/-, PIM for skaters and W, Saves & GAA for goalies. Team consists of 4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 2G, 5Bench & 3IR positions. Who do I take at #4??? Should I grab Green and have the top D-Man or do I go after a top goalie? I was thinking Green since goalies only contribute to 3 categories. Or should I take a top forward like Kovalchuk, Getzlaf, Datsyuk, Iginla, etc.?

Thanks guys!

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    the season is about to kick off, how bout the straight dope on the injuries and interpretation thereof.

For example Getz is said to be 'progressing with his return to the lineup'..wtf does that mean? a week? 2 weeks? a month? sports hernias can be lingering

Pikanen underwent 'minor' knee surgery...is there even such a thing? Sounds like a couple months to me

Elias has 'hip/groin' issues...supposed to be out till mid-Oct, is this one of those injuries that never puts him out of commission but never lets him play 100 or even 80%?

Ditto on Gagne

etc etc
    I'd like to hear this one as well as I have getzlaf pegged 4th after the big three to draft in one of my offline leagues. will this affect his production or do you still predict 93 points and 95 pims?

Thanks!
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Marty Turco

Not much talk on him this year despite the fact that he has probably been one of the first 10 goalies off the board for the past 2-3 years yet seems to have taken a beating for a bad year. I read a lot about his 'consistently declining' numbers however when I look at his stats, last year seems like more of an aberration than a continuing trend. Dallas should be better this year considering they didnt really lose anyone (zubov missed most of the year anyways) and are adding Morrow to last years roster. Plus the Avery experiment is well behind them.

I'm curious as to where you would rank Turco this year in a standard Yahoo league. How would you agree or disagree with the following order? (I have left WAS and ANH goalies out intentionally due to the uncertainty there - I wont be drafting them in the mid rounds this year - but feel free to add them in if you like)

Ward
    Fleury
    Miller
    S.Mason
    Turco
    Osgood
    Price
    Huet
    Khabibulin
    Rinne (lower due to the Ellis risk)
    Emery
    Vokoun
    C.Mason

Thanks guys!
    12 team H2H Keep 10
    G A +/- PIM STP PIM HIT BLK / W GAA SV SV% SO
    12F, 6D, 2G, 3BN

F: Ovechkin, Mackinnon, Wheeler, E.Kane, Athanasiou, Duchene, JVR, Nyqvist, Buchnevich, DeBrusk, Galchenyuk, Crouse
    D: Josi, Subban, Barrie, Yandle, Nurse, Edler, Schultz
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom