Thread: Tukonen

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Tukonen

Dobbs, I noticed the substantial drop in his ranking on
    your prospect list.

He used to be considered an elite Finnish prospect, unfortunately it appears he\'s now unable to Finish!

Can he regain that elite status, or is he simply a fringe top six prospect?

I...am your father.

Default Re:Tukonen

He\'ll never be a first liner, but he could regain some of his status with a good year next year in the AHL. He should have done better this year, his second year in the AHL
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Tukonen was way overhyped by everyone and their dog/cat/horse/pig. A lot of Finnish forwards from the past couple drafts have crapped the bed and scouts are starting to realize that. You\'ll see Finns hard-pressed to be drafted this year.

Anyways, Tuks. He\'s not 21 until September, so lots of time left on this one, and he HAS turned it up down the stretch, but yeah, he\'s definitely struggling. Seems to finally have had that \"AHA!\" moment that a lot of prospects need before sustained success. In particular, his impressive two-goal, +3 night against Portland on the 25th had me raving. He was using his size and hockey sense to actually create chances. Look for him to have a big playoffs.

Dobber Sports Pro

Tukonen is so frustrating. There will be about 15 seconds where he astonishes you with incredible play...and then you don\'t see that again for a month or so.
    He has the talent, and he seems to work hard, and he has solid hockey sense...I just don\'t know what\'s with the kid. Sure, he was overhyped, but I can still see him playing a solid productive season on an elite LA line. Easily, as long as he develops.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

thanks Bugg!
    You just got me all excited about Tuksy!

I swear, I almost like talking and studying more about prospects than I do about the established NHL\'ers.
    Something about finding that next diamond in the rough, you know, like this website!!!

Dobbs - That\'s gotta be worth a couple a karma points no?