Thread: More crappy TV

I...am your father.

Default More crappy TV

CBC has won the rights for Hockey Night in Canada. Their contract had expired this year and the Globe is reporting that they have reached an agreement with the NHL.

Coverage would have been so much better under TSN. CBC is so damn commercial-happy it\'s not even funny. And to make matters worse, the commercials are ridiculously useless. I mean, what NHL fan would care to tune into \"Wind at My Back\" or \"Little Mosque on the Prairie\" or any other stupid show that CBC carries?

None.

Yet CBC continues to inundate us with boring hi-lights of these shows at each and every commercial break. And when there isn\'t enough time to squeeze in a commercial...they slap on a stupid Canadian Tire image over the screen with some useless slogan that nobody pays attention to.

:angry:
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re:More crappy TV

As someone who doesn\'t have cable, I am glad that CBC keeps it. The most annoying thing about CBC in my opinion is their focus on Canadian teams and BOB FREAKING COLE, the worst hockey announcer ever to pop out of a newfie.

Dobber Sports Novice

While I agree with TSN being a superior hockey broadcast I am all for the CBC broadcasts instead of the whole thing on leafs TV. It is bad enough watching the Leafs lose and to pay for the privilege hurts.

Dobber Sports Genius

easy dobber cbc and hockey night in canada go hand in hand.maybe it\'s a bit mundane but i like it and am extremely pleased that cbc has kept the contract.it would be nice if they would have two games a week and shake up the teams they show more often.i\'m a proud canadian and proud of the cbc , there\'s lots good as well as the bad , we\'re americanized enough as it is. will have to agree to disagree on this one dobber.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Ninja

I\'d rather be watching HNIC on the Food Network then CBC. That way I am not paying out of MY pocket to be subjected to Harry Neale talk about his hemmorhoids (and I\'m not making that up)

Dobber Sports Expert

think about what you would be paying for on that channel if they DIDN\'T have HNIC.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

For the love of God, please get rid of Bob Cole, Ron McLean and Don Cherry.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I\'m glad that CBC retained the rights.

Like many, many Canadians, I grew up with HNIC, and having it fall into TSN\'s hands would have been evidence that yet another Canadian institution -the CBC- was nearing its death. (Although having watched \"Little Mosque on the Prairie\" a few times, I can confirm that the best thing about it is its name.)

I met Kelly Hrudey a few weeks back in Winnipeg, and without taking the necessary time to think about what to say, I told him that I hoped Don Cherry would die soon. He laughed out loud and asked \"Surely you mean retire?\" Yes, yes, I said, embarassed. Then I let him know that he had an air of likability that no one else could produce, which he seemed to think about for a moment before he thanked me for the compliment. Then I left him alone, happy to have met my favourite TV analyst.

Long live HNIC and the CBC.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I\'ll take Cole, Neale, McLean and Cherry (especially Cherry) any day of the week over some of the plugs at TSN. I don’t know about the rest of you, but next to John Garret, Pierre McGuire is the biggest tool to ever hold a headset. TSN has nothing on Satellite Hotstove, Behind the Mask and Coaches Corner. “Monster Performer” ? Beat it.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

It\'s good they kept it. TSN has a better broadcast, but you can already see hockey games on TSN. Or Sportsnet. Hockey Night in Canada is something totally different and special. There\'s a comfort in knowing that NHL hockey is safe in Canada as long as HNIC is still around.

BTW, if you didn\'t see commercials for stuff like \"Little Mosque on the Prarie\", would you ever know what crappy home-made shows the government is wasting tax dollars on? HNIC is the only thing on CBC that\'s watchable (some Sports Saturday stuff is too, but it\'s rare).

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have to support HNIC. It\'s been a tradition in my family, it was on tv every Saturday night. HNIC has been supporting Canadian teams and most important of all, promoting Canadian hockey.

We have to realize that CBC is not a sports only broadcast station, it\'s more of a everyone in the family can watch station. So, the comparison to TSN, The Score or Sportsnet isn\'t appropriate.

If someone doesn\'t like the commercials, do like me; time to switch drinks or go to the can.
    QHL Stanley Cup champion 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09
    www.thephysicsofhockey.com

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

lets just thank god it didnt go to sportsnet.

while im a huge fan of their analysts, overall sportsnet is a joke (just think of deadline day, if anyone saw it).

im happy it stayed with cbc to an extent, although as i\'m on the west coast, a few more nucks games on saturday nights would be appreciated.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

the new head of CBC sports is a really smart guy. Scott Moore is his name I believe. I expect the HNIC to be much improved, as he has already promised less Leaf games.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified