Thread: anybody know anything about Michael Busto?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default anybody know anything about Michael Busto?

The kid\'s 6\'1\", 210 lbs, only 20 and has been in the WHL for five full seasons now, scored 20-43-63 in 70 games from the blue line for Kootenay this year, was plus-21 and has never had a minus season (+81 overall)... and he\'s never been signed or drafted?

Any Kootenay fans here know what\'s wrong with the kid, that those kind of numbers wouldn\'t be enough to convince someone to give him a shot? In these cases I typically look to size and +/-, but neither seems to be the issue...
    T.G.

I...am your father.

Default Re:anybody know anything about Michael Busto?

It seems like he\'s a \"Busto\"!!

As a 20-year-old, he would be expected to produce big numbers. M-A Bergeron was never drafted and when he was 20 he got 100 points in the Quebec league before he got the NHL\'s attention.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re:anybody know anything about Michael Busto?

I\'d see be wary of Busto. Biggest problem: last year, at 19, he scored 43 points. He\'s now a man in a boy\'s league and he\'s improved on that by 20 points. He and Curtis Billsten are having big years as 20 year-olds on the Ice. That team in particular seems to produce a lot of overage stars that go on to be nothing. Busto will likely get a contract offer, ply his hand in the AHL/ECHL, and then run to Europe with his tail between his legs. Lots of evident talent, though, in those numbers- he could produce if he keeps working hard and stays out of the CIS.