Thread: Sateri Vs Allen Vs Neurvirth

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Sateri Vs Allen Vs Neurvirth

I am toying with the idea of selecting a tender in my prospects draft. While goalie's are very valuable, they are also so hard to predict for all the reasons we don't need to discuss here. So, I have a few questions;
    - Who the most likely to be a top starter?
    - Who is closest to making an impact?
    - Who will have the most starts right away (Like a Mason, Price or Varlamov)

The King of Diatribes

Without a doubt you are looking at Neuvirth not only being the most talented, but getting the first crack at some NHL playing time. All that has to happen in Washington is for Theodore to be moved after his contract expires this season. That would leave Varlamov and Neuvirth for one heck of a battle, with Jason Bacashihua also pushing them for a spot. Neuvirth has already seen some NHL action and was excellent with Hershey in the AHL finals.

Jake Allen could be more valuable in a long-term scenario, but he is only 19 years old. Nevertheless, he's the youngest Blues goalie prospect, but easily the most talented. He could be in the NHL in a few more seasons, as Marek Schwarz has gone back overseas, Ben Bishop is not much of a long-term keeper and the others well, don't hold much stock in them either.

Harri Sateri is a bit of a long shot, but is still #39 on my Top-50 Keeper League Prospects, which you can find right here: http://www.thegoalieguild.com/?page_id=1507

Hope that helps a little! =)