Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A New FHL is forming

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default A New FHL is forming

This new league is looking for people who love fantasy hockey, who are knowledgeable of the game and its players, who will be active, who think they will create the best team.

This league will consist of 30 teams

It will be a stats based league, based on how the players perform in real life

There will be a 20 rnd inaugural draft consisting of NHL players or players who do not meet the prospect criteria

There will also be a 15-20 rnd prospect draft(depending if we add this years entry draft to it or not).

This league will use officepools.com to calculate the stats, unless someone has a better suggestion

I have no name for the league yet, but there is a place on the board to make a suggestion.

There are 6 teams left, and would like to get the league full by the end of the regular season, to start drafting. Nothing in the rules is set in stone until the draft starts and suggestions are welcome.

http://z4.invisionfree.com/_______FHL/index.php?act=idx

Post edited by: Kowalchuk, at: 2007/03/25 20:53

Post edited by: Kowalchuk, at: 2007/03/26 15:43

Post edited by: Kowalchuk, at: 2007/03/26 22:13

Post edited by: Kowalchuk, at: 2007/03/27 15:19

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re:A New FHL is forming

Keeper leagues of this style are great; realistic roster sizes, salary cap, exciting playoff format, 29 other GMs to trade with..

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

How much each season?? Anyone can join??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Sophomore

anyone can join, I just don\'t want someone who joins the league, then drafts there favourite player who is Mike Modano 1st rnd, then continues to draft Stars players each rnd, then after a number of bad trades he finds out he is in last place in the league, he quits and then no one wants to take the team. This has happend many times in other leagues I have been in, which ends up ruining leagues. So if your a competitive fantasy hockey fan, who thinks they have a good chance at building the best team, this league is for you.

also, what do you mean by how much each season?
    if its how much it costs? free
    if its how many teams? 30
    if its how many players? 30 roster and 30 prospect is the limit, but you can have less, most people don\'t have 30 roster players

I hope I ansewered your question.

Post edited by: Kowalchuk, at: 2007/03/25 19:53

Dobber Sports Stud

I asked for a team but need more details about how the league will be run. For example is it a live draft or an email one ?
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I got 2 of my buddies who are really into hockey. We might sign up 3 teams. I\'ll let you know... It sounds really promising.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

A couple questions:
    Does the salary cap make exceptions for long-term injuries?
    How often are lineups changed?
    If a prospect loses eligibility, do I have to bring him up mid-season?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Let\'s get this league filled up. I just signed up & it\'s more than half full now. What I\'ve noticed is that some of the guys have changed their screen names from here on Dobber\'s site because I don\'t recognize many of the screen names. Probably a smart move seeing as most of the teams in the new league will be members on this site. Should be interesting to see Dobber compete against himself 30 times as every team\'s GM will use him for advice.

Post edited by: WhatThePuck?, at: 2007/03/26 14:08

I...am your father.

Yes, I\'d love to go in a pool like this one, it would be fantastic. Unfortunately I would just embarrass myself because my priority would be 1. The Keeper League I run (for six years now), 2. The Keeper League I\'ve been in for going on 18 years now, 3. An Expert League, 4. This one.

That\'s too far down the priority list to run it properly. I\'d probably get killed. The slightest edge is a huge advantage in fantasy leagues and I would lose that edge.

But if you guys do get that pool running, I can open a thread for you here and would be interested to follow updates, standings, etc.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Sophomore

donpaulo wrote:
    I asked for a team but need more details about how the league will be run. For example is it a live draft or an email one ?
    I would like to do a live draft for a few rnds, but thats always hard to do, the ways I have seen it done in the past were either time slots or the person has a certain amount of time to pick while he is on the clock. Whatever the league wants we will do, I am not running the league to what I want, I want to run it based on what the majority feels the best way to do things.

A couple questions:

Does the salary cap make exceptions for long-term injuries?

How often are lineups changed?

If a prospect loses eligibility, do I have to bring him up mid-season?
    There will be 3 I.R spots, if the player is on the I.R in real life, he can be eligible of being on the I.R in this league, whether its short term or long term.

Lineups will be changed weekly

In other leagues in the past we have had that once the prospect is ineligible he has to be called up, or waived, I am kind of leaning towards that.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

6 teams left, there going fast, if you\'d like to join, don\'t hesitate.

Post edited by: Kowalchuk, at: 2007/03/27 15:19

Dobber Sports Prodigy

This looks great.

Can\'t wait to get things started.

How many more teams can you take?
    16 Team Keeper Pool. 2008-09 Champ.
    Starters 12 Forwards, 6 Defence, 1 Goalie, 5 Bench, 20 Prospects
    Forwards. R.Nugent-Hopkins, N.Yakupov, N.MacKinnon, J.Skinner, J.Huberdeau, M.Paajarvi, M.Granlund, J.Silfverberg, , N.Niederreiter, M.Frolik, A.Chiasson
    Defence. K.Letang, A.Pietrangelo, E.Karlsson, J.Schultz, A.Edler, J.Hillen
    Goalie. T.Rask
    Bench C.Schneider, K.Ramo, R.Murray, ,
    (Farm) Forwards. M.Domi, R.Faksa, J.Gaudreau, S.Collberg,
    Defence. R.Pulock, D.Nurse, O.Klefbom
    Goalies. M.Hellberg, M.Subban, R.Berra

Dobber Sports Pro

Man, I wish I could join this.
    Much like Dobber, I already have my hands full. I fully remember the beating I took in my last fantasy pool I joined and didn\'t manage properly enough(I was last most of the time but clawed my way back to \'respectable\' 7th out of 10, which was the highest I could get since I was out of the playoffs). I have 3 on the go right now, and will be doing an internship and a full time job most of the summer.

Good setup though, I\'d join up if I wasn\'t guaranteed to fail miserably.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dobber,
    Actually, it would be nice to have you in the pool just to see how we measure up against a top-notch fantasy pro (Kinda like Pros vs. Joes on Spike TV - just fantasy style). What I was trying to get at was how are you going to handle having your advice go against your own advice. What a conundrum (My word of the day)!!!
    This could put you in the difficult position of appearing to love one fantasy \"son\"(forum member) more than the other based on the result of your advice. LOL :laugh:

Good luck with that

Post edited by: WhatThePuck?, at: 2007/03/27 11:46

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Only 6 teams left. If you are interested you better put your name in. Sounds like it is going to be a blast.