Thread: Halak vs. Price

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Halak vs. Price

I saw both play numerous times in the AHL two seasons ago and I can't help but feel Halak isn't far behind Price. I noticed Price's inconsistency when he was playing for Hamilton and wasn't surprised at all that he carried it into the NHL last season. Halak covers the bottom of the net really well, has an excellent butterfly and can go from post to post as quickly as any goalie I've seen play in person. Am I on drugs or is Halak a top 15 NHL goalie and Price a top 10? Is there as little difference between the two or am I missing something?

Administrator

Right now they are close talent-wise, but long term I think Price has a much higher ceiling. Once he learns how to be a pro and live life in MTL (hopefully that happens) he'll be a great goalie.

Halak needs a trade to get consistent #1 minutes, because even when Price had his meltdown the team kept going back to him.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

I think they are both incredible tenders. I think Halak is definitely a top 30 , meaning he should be a starter, and Price right now is a top 20 maybe top 10 guy.

Price has way too much promise and equal skill to Halak so the Canadiens will ride him but Halak will get enough games to keep you interested in him. If he can ever climb out from under that rock though, we will see a very talented starting goaltender.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg