Thread: Trevor Cann

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Trevor Cann

Hey Justin,

Just curious what you think of Trevor Cann. in about 2-3 years in the nhl? Could he be the #1 in Colorado?

The King of Diatribes

I have extremely serious doubts that Trevor Cann will ever make it to the NHL and I don't expect him to perform very well in the AHL. Personally, I just don't see a bright future for this guy and even if he cracks an NHL roster, it won't be for very long.

That doesn't mean you should totally disregard his value or what he has accomplished in the last two seasons, but I'm just being honest when I say he's nowhere close to being on my Top-50 Prospects to watch for...and after scouting him once again in this year's Avs Development Camp a few weeks ago, he still hasn't improved much in any one area compared to last year. Well, his movement DID seem a little stronger side to side, but not much else.

His hand placement is the most awkward thing I've ever seen in a goalie prospect. He lowers them and sticks his palms out. I've never seen anything like it. It's flat out weird. If you think guys like Simeon Varlamov struggle with their glove side, well, Cann would get eaten alive. And I seriously think his leg pads are too small for his body.

I could keep going, but I don't want to throw him totally under the bus. He's a strong goalie with very good size and he does a good job of playing with confidence and he moves with very strong pushes. But he lacks quickness and he takes too long to recover and he doesn't have very good mobility in the butterfly.

Considering how hesitant the Avalanche have been to bring up ANY of their minor league goalies, even when they have the most shutouts in the AHL, I doubt you'll ever see Cann in an Avalanche jersey.

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree with Justin...Actually i think Justin was being nice just so in case trevor ever read this thread he wouldnt start crying!..The kid's not goin anywhere and should definetly stay in school and focus on something elese besides letting pucks in the net!
    24 Team Dynasty, H2H , NHL Salaries & Cap 94M$.
    3C , 3R , 3L, 4D, 1SKT, 2G , 4B , 5Farm
    G,A,SPT,HT,BLK,SHOTS,FOW... W,SV,SV%,GAA

C: E.Kuznetsov. B.Neilson, B.Hayton
    LW: J.Huberdeau, J.Kyrou, D.Heinen
    RW: J.Virtanen, V.Hinostraza, E.Tolvanen
    D: C.Makar, T.Chabot, M.Dumba, M.Matheson,
    SKT:C.Sissons
    G: B.Bishop, A.Raanta
    B: A.Anisimov, C.Fischer, T.Pitlick, A.Martinez, N.Zaitsev
    Farm: V.Kravtsov, J.Gauthier, R.Lavoie, I.Konovalov, M.Berdin

2021 picks: 2/1'st , 3/2nd's

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks guys.

I was curious about him since he was drafted in round 2 in 2007 to Colorado and his OHL numbers wasn't that good -until the trade putting him in London (2008-09 season).