Thread: Jean-Philippe Lamoureux

The King of Diatribes

Default Jean-Philippe Lamoureux

So there's a new goalie prospect on my radar

The Portland Pirates signed Jean-Philippe Lamoureux to a one-year deal to back up Jhonas Enroth. READ MORE HERE

The kid is extremely good and I actually watched him play a lot since he just graduated from North Dakota Fighting Sioux. Another WCHA goalie joins the AHL ranks. He played for the Alaska Aces in the ECHL and was the Rookie of the Year AND the Goalie of the Year. Yep, he's primed for AHL minutes.

He is not as technically sound as Richard Bachman, but he is just as skilled and actually has more flair to his game.

This is a move that would normally go silently into the night, but believe me, he is going to push Enroth this season...more than most Sabres fans will expect.

One of his last games a few years ago at the collegiate level was one I actually watched because it was against Bachman in the WCHA Final Five:

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20072008/m/03/22/und-cc.php

You can see a snapshot of his "flair" in the picture near the bottom ... what a grab!! I'll never forget that save heh. Glove saves are the best!!

I wouldn't go out and do anything drastic with this news, but put him on your "sleeper prospect" list until further notice.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Buffalo have given up on Adam Dennis?
    GO WINGS!