View Poll Results: Who do you like for a 1 year league?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roloson

4 33.33%
  • Ersberg

1 8.33%
  • Theodore

4 33.33%
  • Biron

2 16.67%
  • Nittymaki

1 8.33%

Thread: Goalie Help.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Goalie Help.

Biron vs. Theodore vs. Ersberg vs. Conklin vs. Nittymaki vs. Roloson.

for next year. W GAA SVPCT SO GP.
    Last edited by sexymountain; July 27, 2009 at 11:01 AM.
    12 teams H2H Yahoo
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG... W SV%

2C 2LW 2RW 4D 1utility 2g 3bench

Crosby Berglund
    Hartnell Perron
    Wheeler Vrbata
    Karlsson, Giordano, Green, Krug
    Ryan Miller, Fleury

Nyquist, Ennis, Soderberg, Hemsky

Letang IR

Dobber Sports Expert

My picks, in order, and rationales:

Biron - NYI - I think he gets the most GP of the group, and will likely be option 1A, with Roloson being 1B (I had more faith in Lindros playing without injury risk than I do in Dipietro playing without injury risk). However, NYI are a lousy team!

Ersberg - LA - will see shared duties with Quick, but toward end of last season, Quick was #1. I expect about 35 games.

Nittymaki - TB - will be the starting G if Smith is injured. Otherwise, Smith will see bulk of playing time. If Smith not injured, I expect about 25 games. There is a good chance, however, that Smith is a band-aid boy, at least this year.

Theodore - Wash - Torch is passing to Varlamov. Theo will be there when Varlamov falters. I expect about 30 games.

Conklin - St L - will backup Mason, and will take over if Mason falters. I expect about 30 games.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Pro

1. Theodore - I think Theo will start in Wash.
    2. Who ever wins the starting battle in camp Biron vs Roloson
    3. Whoever loses starting battle in camp Biron vs Roloson
    4. Ersberg - I like Quick starting this season.
    5. Conklin - I like Mason on an improved St. Louis squad. Conks is a backup.
    6. Nittymaki - Nitty moves up to #2 is Smith starts the season on IR.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Genius

Theo - it's his job until someone takes it. Good kids pushing. This may work to his advantage.

Roloson - his biggest competitor is Dipietro. I think Dipietro is 1st, Rolly 2nd & Biron 3rd. Rolly's maturity will allow him to roll with the punches while things sort themselves out on Long Island. In the end, providing Dipietro gets scratched up, he'll surface at the top, like he always does.

Ersberg - I like the way the LA coaching handles their tenders. I hate the way LA coaching handles their tenders. When he gets his chance, he needs to be RED HOT. If he is, he might play 20 straight games. Quicke doesn't have things sewn up.

Conklin - Mason isn't a hockey God. He can wobble. Conklin has done a very good job in recent years. If someone gave him a chance with the reins, we might be surprised.

Nitty - Tampa is another uncertain situation waiting for a tender to TAKE the job. Smith did a good job establishing himself last year, but nothing is for certain.

Biron - Lots of competition in NYI. He hasn't shown that he competes well when pushed by others. He's older now, so maybe I'm off base. NHL teams didn't line up for his services though.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'd take my chances with Theodore in this group. Better team, more experience and he has at times, responded well to challenges.

Then I'd probably try for Biron, Ersberg, Conklin and Nitty in that order.

With this group, there are a lot of question marks and what-ifs. Depending on how the dice roll, Nittymaki could be the best, who really knows. But you have to play the percentages.

Theodore has the best chance of being a No. 1 and doing so for a team that will win a decent amount of games.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe

Dobber Sports Expert

Wow!

I cannot believe the endorsement that Theo is getting. Respectfully - and I mean that - I do disagree. Even if he starts as no. 1, I think the plan is for Varlamov to replace him this year.

1. Caps cannot rely on Theo in the playoffs. I think the fact that they pulled Theo out of the playoffs and kept with Varlomov even when things were not going Varlomov's way quite telling.

2. The argument for Theo is that he performs well in a contract year. However, Caps management is faced with the decision of re-signing Theo or going with Varlomov (or, to be fair, Nieuvirth). I think Caps management has already decided that Varlomov (or Nieuvirth) will be the goalies of the future, not Theo. I don't see the Caps really caring abou how well Theo does in a contract year.

3. I believe that Ovechkin has some influence in this, and that he would be endorsing the Russian kid with the talent.

I could be wrong, of course, but I don't think so.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi