Thread: Who gets most GP this year?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Who gets most GP this year?

Looking to pick up a 4th Tender,we have a minimum of 4 GS per week and my other Goalies are Quick,Elliott and Theodore(yeah i know,but i didn't draft this team.lol)Stats are-W,SV%,GAA,SHO.

of these available who gets the most starts?

Curry
    Howard
    Crawford
    Niemi
    Frazee
    Roloson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think Quick can get a lot of starts if he keeps up his good play. Elliott can also get a lot if LeClaire keeps getting injured like last year. Theodore is in a contract year...so I could see him bounce back, but still Varlamov will be playing quite a bit.

I would go with Quick then Elliott then Theodore with Theo in a distant/emergency 3rd, haha.

Just to clarify i'm looking to add to those 3.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think Roloson is the safest bet but..

I mean safest bet as in most starts (as you asked). His numbers are going to suck though and he likely won't get many wins

I think Howard has a good chance of being the backup for Osgood next year. Considering Ozzy hasn't played over 50 games since 03-04 I think Howard should get a decent amount of starts (assuming he gets the back-up job) and you would expect the numbers to be good (and lots of wins).

Back-up role in chicago is between niemi and crawford but I have no clue who is going to get it. That's totally up in the air.

I'd go Howard. Then Roloson.
    Last edited by tryhard87; July 24, 2009 at 1:59 PM.

"I doubt Frazee is in the nHL"--I thought he was locked in as Broduer's Back-up.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

OH, my bad, I read the 1st post way too fast.

Roloson would be my pick, I think he will get the majority of the starts in NYI this year. But still, it's NYI, lol.

Howard is interesting if Osgood lays eggs all year like he did last year in the reg season. I'd go with Howard if you want to avoid NYI's crazy goalie situation.

Dobber Sports Ace

Biron will play more than rolosson, Go with Howard, he will pay off cuz ozzie is going thru more slumps as he age's and i think detroit will save him like last year for there playoff run. HOWARD!
    24 Team Dynasty, H2H , NHL Salaries & Cap 94M$.
    3C , 3R , 3L, 4D, 1SKT, 2G , 4B , 5Farm
    G,A,SPT,HT,BLK,SHOTS,FOW... W,SV,SV%,GAA

C: E.Kuznetsov. B.Neilson, B.Hayton
    LW: J.Huberdeau, J.Kyrou, D.Heinen
    RW: J.Virtanen, V.Hinostraza, E.Tolvanen
    D: C.Makar, T.Chabot, M.Dumba, M.Matheson,
    SKT:C.Sissons
    G: B.Bishop, A.Raanta
    B: A.Anisimov, C.Fischer, T.Pitlick, A.Martinez, N.Zaitsev
    Farm: V.Kravtsov, J.Gauthier, R.Lavoie, I.Konovalov, M.Berdin

2021 picks: 2/1'st , 3/2nd's

Dobber Sports Sage

Howard or Roloson are the safest bets. But I like Crawford. Chicago's goaltending is their only weakness and I prefer him over Niemi.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think I would take Howard as well, just because they won't overplay Ozzie. He also has good future upside for you as you didn't draft this team and you are going to need future help. Roloson is a stop gap for NYI. Maybe try and trade Quick if he starts off decently for another futere goalie.
    good Luck.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

The King of Diatribes

You need to go with Howard or Roloson here.

I can safely say that Crawford is going to win the backup job to Huet but he won't play more than 20 games. Niemi needs more AHL conditioning and might see a few games.

Howard is a safe bet because he'll post better statistics than Roloson (not by much). But Roloson is the one who will play the MOST MINUTES on your list, but how much you want to weigh the actual minutes played vs. good stats is up to you.

As much as I dis-like Howard, in this situation he's probably your safest bet.

Dobber Sports Genius

Rolly! Rolly! Rolly!

He seems to win these battles for starter. Mind you he's older now than he's ever been before!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Gripnrip13 View Post
    "I doubt Frazee is in the nHL"--I thought he was locked in as Broduer's Back-up.
    Maybe your right. For some reason I thought the Devils signed a back-up but I guess they didn't. Either way Marty is a workhorse and unless he gets hurt Frazee won't see much PT.

The King of Diatribes

The Devils signed Yann Danis from the Islanders. He will be the backup because Frazee is not ready yet. Don't expect Frazee to turn into a legit prospect this season. I regard him in the same light as Jimmy Howard.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=436744

Roloson will play great for the Islanders and see plenty of minutes. He will head into the pre-season as the undisputed starter. For some reason as soon as Biron went to the Flyers, everyone thought he was this hidden gem that "came out of nowhere" and turned into a #1 goalie.

Biron was never really regarded as a top-flight goalie in my mind. He is very solid and very good, but he is the type of "starter" very few NHL teams want. His value is more accurately defined as where he sits now, as a backup to Roloson.